Students of Hammad al-Ansaari

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:28 am

Shaykh Hammad al-Ansaari said:

‘Indeed Muqbil al-Wada’iee was my student; I was the one who chose the topic [for his Master’s Degree][1].He would read to me in my house, the days I used to live in Sharqeeyah district. I used to advise him and say to him "O Muqbil, you came from your country to seek knowledge so do not mix with those people, leave them and mixing with them, and turn towards that for which you travelled for."

However he was trialled and tested and he fell into that which I warned him against [2]

I used to say to him:

‘I hope that you will be for Yemen in our time as Shawkaani was in his time.'

'Muqbil was a student the like of whom I have never seen in energy and seeking knowledge.’

Shaykh Hamad al-Ansaari was asked:

‘Is Shaykh Rabee al-Madkhali from your students?’

The Shaykh replied:

‘Yes, he is from my students.

(Shaykh Hamad al-Ansaari said:)

And indeed Shaykh Ali Faqihi is my student, he would adhere to me strongly. He would come to visit me in Makkah to take from me, and due to his great concern for knowledge, he would sleep in the library next to the books.

(Shaykh Hamad al-Ansaari said:)

‘Indeed Hafidh Hakami is my student’ [3]

The full biography can be downloaded from this link:

http://wayofthesalaf.com/pdf/en/BioHammadAnsaari.pdf

Taken from the biography of ash-Shaykh al-Allamamah al-Muhaddith Hammad al-Ansaari,

Translated & Compiled by Abbas Abu Yahya from a collection complied by Abdul-Awwal bin Hammad al-Ansaari (Son of the Shaykh)
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Sirah & Biographies”