999 Statements In Defence of the Salafi Creed and Manhaj
Hafiz Ibn ul-Jawzee defines Ahlus Sunnah by saying, “If someone asks that Sunnah is something which is praiseworthy and bid’ah (innovation) is something which is not, but what are Sunnah and bid’ah? We say, every innovator claims that he is from within Ahl al-Sunnah, so we answer them by saying that in the arabic language Sunnah means ‘a way’ and in the Shari’ah it will mean that those who are the Sunnis will be upon the way of the Messenger of Allah, the companions and those which have followed them. They are the Ahl al-Sunnah and in that way there is no room for innovations, as they came about after the Prophet sallalahu alaihi wasallam and the companions (Talbis Iblis (1:135-136)
1. The people were confused about what Sunnah was and what bidah was in the 5th and 6th century of Islam, hence imagine the confusion in our day and era.
2. Leading from point 1. the sheer amount of work and effort we need to exert to clarify the differences between the two so one can clearly distinguish between the two.
3. The innovators i.e. the Ahl al-Bidah from Ibn al-Jawzis time were even saying they were from Ahl al-Sunnah and there was some seriously misguided people in that era, hence no attention is to be paid to the current day innovators who claim they are from Ahl al-Sunnah who in reality are far worse than the Ahl al-Bidah of the past. Ahl al-Bidah are Ahl al-Bidah and they will always remain Ahl al-Bidah except those who are sincere and seek guidance from Allah.
4. The Sunni, Salafi, Athari, Ahl al-Hadith should be upon the Sunnah and upon the way of the Beloved Nabi (Salallahu Alayhi wasalam).
5. The Sunni should also be upon the way of the Companions May Allah be pleased with them All.
6. The Sunni should also by default be a Salafi as Hafiz Ibn al-Jawzi says those upon the way of the companions. Using the terms Sunni and Salafi are synonymous and it is praiseworthy to use them. It is not self praise nor is it making a cult, rather it is inviting others adopt and to adhere to this way of salvation upon the Manhaj of the Salaf. Similarly, the Manhaj and Salafiyyah is not anyone’s property neither is it restrictive. Anyone restricting it and claiming only they are salafi and others are not without adilah and burhan, should be thrown on the rubbish heap, as this is where it deserves to stay.
7. There is no room for any innovation, here we have Hafiz Ibn al-Jawzi reprimanding the concept of Bidah Hasanah.
8. All innovations are clearly after the era of the Nabi (Salallahualayhi Wasallam)
9. The importance to make a distinction from the people of Ahl al-Bidah, shunning them and their bidahs, warning against the innovation and the innovator with proofs and evidences from the Quran and Sunnah in a manner conforming to the Prophetic methodology.
10. The people in the era of Hafiz Ibn al-Jawzi knew bid’ahs were always something bad without any indication in the slightest of them being Bid’ah Hasanah, hence it can be said the concept of Bid’ah Hasanah is a Bid’ah itself.......DEEPwww.salafiri.comwww.forum.salafiri.com www.salafiri.bigcartel.comhttp://twitter.com/salafiri_comhttps://www.facebook.com/Salafiri