Madhab of the Salaf - As-Safaarini (d. 1188 A.H)

Shehzad Sattar

Madhab of the Salaf - As-Safaarini (d. 1188 A.H)

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:22 am

As-Safaarini (d. 1188 A.H) said:

‘The meaning of the Madhab of the Salaf is that which the noble Companions –Radi Allaahu anhum– were upon and the eminent ones from the Taba’een who followed the Companions in goodness, and those that followed them, and the Imams of the Deen from those who were testified as being Imams. Their great status was known from the Deen, and the people have accepted their speech generation after generation, without them having been accused of Bida’, or having become famous with a title which is not acceptable, the likes of the Khawarij, Rawafid, Qadareeyah, Murji’ah, Jabareeyah, Jahmaeeyah, Mu’atazilah, Karameeyah and those similar to them.’[1]

‘’Muhammad bin Ahmad as-Safaarini (d. 1188 A.H) also said:

‘The indication to the Madhab of the Salaf and a clarification of its reality, and that the Madhab of the Salaf is safer out of the other Madhahib[2], it is more knowledgeable and wiser, and they are the first to embrace Islam of the Muhajirun (those who migrated from Makkah to Al-Madinah) and the Ansar (the citizens of Al-Madinah who helped and gave aid to the Muhajirun). Likewise the rest of the Companions of the chosen Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and those who followed them in goodness, and the Imams of guidance, they are those upon whom the Muslims agree regarding their guidance, their understanding, and their precedence, and taking them as an example and to follow them, and follow their way, and take the same methodology as them. Indeed Allaah –Subhana wa Ta’ala– sent His Prophet, His beloved and His Messenger Muhammad -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- with guidance and the true Deen, to take the people out of darkness to light by the permission of their Lord to the praiseworthy, noble path. Allaah testified for him that He Himself sent the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- as a caller to Allaah with His permission and a guiding light and with His command, Allaah said:

هَٰذِهِۦ سَبِيلِيٓ أَدۡعُوٓاْ إِلَى ٱللَّهِۚ عَلَىٰ بَصِيرَةٍ أَنَا۠ وَمَنِ ٱتَّبَعَنِيۖ

<< This is my way; I invite to Allaah with insight, I and those who follow me. >> [3]’[4]

[1] Layama’ al-Annwar
[2] plural: Madhab
[3] [Yusuf: 108]
[4] Layama’ al-Annwaar (1/120)
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “The Ahl al-Hadith; Ittiba, Taqlid & Madhhabs”