The Madhab of Ahl al-Hadith is Ittiba

AbuKhuzaimahAnsari

The Madhab of Ahl al-Hadith is Ittiba

Postby AbuKhuzaimahAnsari » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:34 am

madhab-Ahl-al-Hadith.jpg
madhab-Ahl-al-Hadith.jpg (153.85 KiB) Viewed 3732 times

“And it Is found in some of the books of Abi Hatim Muhammad bin Idris ibn al-Mundhir al-Hanzali al-Razi (d.277H), May Allah have mercy on him, from what has been heard from, he said, “Our MADHAB which we have chosen and adopted is to to do ITTIBA ie follow and obey the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam), the Sahabah and the Tabi’een and those who followed them in good. And abandoning looking into their innovations. And holding onto the MADHAB of AHL AL-ATHAR from the likes of Abi Abdullah Ahmad bin Hanbal, Ishaq ibn Ibrahim, Abi Ubaid al-Qasim bin Salam and al-Shafi’i. And holding firmly on to the Kitab and Sunnah whilst defending the Imams who followed the narrations of the Salaf. Accepting and adopting what the Imams of Ahl al-Sunnah from the different lands adopted from the likes of Malik bin Anas in Madinah, al-Awza’I in Sham, Layth ibn Sa’d in Misr, Sufyan al-Thawri and Hammad ibn Zayd in I’raq for (protection) the events (ie of trials and tribulations) that occurred which could not be found in the narrations from the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam), the companions and successors.”

Sharh Usul al-Ei’tiqad Ahl al-Sunnah Wal-Jama’ah (1:180 no.323)

Benefits
1. There was a madhab based on following and obeying ie doing Ittiba of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam). This was also the Madhab of the Salaf.

2. In recent times some quarters have attempted to deny the understanding of Ittiba, however the understanding of Imam Abu Hatim al-Razi clearly evidences the understanding the factual reality of Ittiba.

3. There being a madhab of the people of narration and reports, Athar, which are the narrations and hadith therefore the Madhab of Ahl al-Hadith.

4. The aforementioned scholars were upon this way, on the madhab of Ahl al-Hadith.

5. In every affair the reports from the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) and the companions and successors are looked at.

Return to “The Ahl al-Hadith; Ittiba, Taqlid & Madhhabs”