Ibn Baaz [1420H] and Time: How He Would Spend Time on an Airplane

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:38 pm

by The Albaani Blog

“Shaikh Muhammad al-Musa said, ‘The Shaikh wouldn’t let a single minute go to waste when resident or travelling. When he wanted to travel from Riyadh to Taif or Jeddah or elsewhere, then from the moment he got on the plane he would begin utilising his time. We would take turns reading to him, three or four of us, and would become fatigued, weary and worn out while he would, as usual, be patient, full of endurance and vigour.’

‘… from the time he boarded the plane and when it would begin to move along the runway and [then] begin to take-off, and while in the air until it landed, and the doors were opened to exit—[all this time] we would be reading to him continually, issues [that needed his judgement], cases, books, religious issues … all of that, each one of us clerks would have a load of papers and books under his armpits, ever ready waiting for his turn to read to the Shaikh!’”

Imaamul-’Asr, p. 41.

What King Fahd said About Ibn Baaz [1420H]

by The Albaani Blog

“King Fahd said, ‘Shaikh ’Abdul-’Aziz ibn Baaz advised my father, then my brother Su’ood, then my brother Faisal, then me. And I ask that Allaah gives him a long life so that he can advise the one after me.’”

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar, p. 123

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Sirah & Biographies”