Who Was Ibn Abdul Hadi, The One Who Refuted As-Subki?

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:19 am

Ibn Hajr al Asqalani said:
    مُحَمَّد بن أَحْمد بن عبد الْهَادِي بن عبد الحميد بن عبد الْهَادِي بن يُوسُف ابْن مُحَمَّد بن قدامَة المقدسى الحنبلى شمي الدّين أحد الأذكياء ولد فِي رَجَب سنة 705 وَقيل قبلهَا وَقيل بعْدهَا وَسمع من التقي سُلَيْمَان والمطعم وَابْن سعد وطبقتهم وتفقه بِابْن مُسلم وَتردد إِلَى ابْن تَيْمِية وَمهر فِي الحَدِيث وَالْأُصُول والعربية وَغَيرهَا قَالَ الصَّفَدِي لَو عَاشَ كَانَ آيَة كنت إِذْ لَقيته سَأَلته عَن مسَائِل أدبية وفوائد عَرَبِيَّة فينحدر كالسيل وَكنت أرَاهُ يُوَافق الْمزي فِي أَسمَاء الرِّجَال وَيرد عَلَيْهِ فَيقبل مِنْهُ وَقَالَ الذَّهَبِيّ فِي مُعْجَمه الْمُخْتَص الْفَقِيه البارع الْمُقْرِئ المجود الْمُحدث الْحَافِظ النَّحْوِيّ
    لحاذق ذُو الْفُنُون كتب عني واستفدت مِنْهُ وَقَالَ ابْن كثير كَانَ حَافِظًا عَلامَة ناقدا حصل من الْعُلُوم مَا لَا يبلغهُ الشُّيُوخ الْكِبَار وبرع فِي الْفُنُون وَكَانَ جبلا فِي الْعِلَل والطرق وَالرِّجَال حسن الْفَهم جدا صَحِيح الذِّهْن وَقَالَ الْحُسَيْنِي درس بالصدرية والضيائية وتصدر وَقد حدث الذَّهَبِيّ عَن الْمزي عَن السرُوجِي عَنهُ وَقَالَ المزى مَا التقيت بِهِ إِلَّا واستفدت مِنْهُ وَنقل الْحُسَيْنِي هَذَا الْكَلَام عَن الذَّهَبِيّ أَنه قَالَ فِي جنَازَته وَله كتاب الْأَحْكَام فِي ثَمَان مجلدات وَالرَّدّ على السُّبْكِيّ فِي رده على ابْن تَيْمِية وَالْمُحَرر فِي الحَدِيث اخْتَصَرَهُ من الْإِلْمَام فجوده جدا وَاخْتصرَ التَّعْلِيق لِابْنِ الْجَوْزِيّ وَزَاد عَلَيْهِ وحرره وَشرح التسهيل فِي مجلدين وَله مناقشات لأبي حَيَّان فِيمَا اعْترض بِهِ على ابْن مَالك فِي الألفية وَغير ذَلِك وَله كَلَام على أَحَادِيث مُخْتَصر ابْن الْحَاجِب وَشرع فِي كتاب الْعِلَل على تَرْتِيب كتب الْفِقْه وقفت مِنْهُ على المجلد الأول وَجمع التَّفْسِير الْمسند لم يكمل أَيْضا قَالَ الذَّهَبِيّ مَا اجْتمعت بِهِ قطّ إِلَّا واستفدت مِنْهُ وَكثر التأسف عَلَيْهِ لما مَاتَ وَحضر جنَازَته من لَا يُحْصى كَثْرَة وَمَات فِي عَاشر جُمَادَى الأولى سنة 744
Muhammad bin Ahmad bin Abdul Hadi bin Abdul Hameed bin Abdul Hadi bin Yusaf Ibn Muhammad bin Qudama al Maqdasi al Hanbali, Shams al din.

One of the Intelligent, He was born in Rajab 705H, It is said he was born before, and it is said he was born after that.

He heard from al-Taqi Sulayman, Mut`am bin Saad and others, studied fiqh under Ibn Muslim and then remained with Ibn Taymiyah.

He was skilled in hadith, Usul, Arabic and other sciences of knowledge.

as-Safadi (the student of as-Subki) said: If he was alive today, he would be a sign, I met him and asked him about issues of writing and benefits of Arabic, he would reply as if the rover is flowing, His opinions are in agreement with al Mizzi (the great muhaddith) with regards to Asma wal Rijaal, sometimes he went against him and other times he agreed with him.

ad-Dhahabi said in "Mujam al Mukhtas": He was the Faqeeh, the brilliant, al Muqri, The Muhaddith, The Hafidh, The Grammarian, The Proficient in the Sciences, I benefited from his books.

Ibn Kathir said: He was Hafidh, The Allama, The Critic, He studied those sciences of knowledge which were not informed to the great scholars. He excelled in the sciences, He was a Mountain in "al Ilal" and Turq of Rijaal. He had a good understanding of religion with an extremely authentic mind.

al Husaini said: He lectured in Sadariyah and al Diyaiyah and took the lead.

al Mizzi said: Whenever I met him i benefited from him, al Husaini narrated these words from ad-Dhahabi who said it at his funereal.

He wrote "Kitab al Ahkam" in eight volumes, He refuted as-Subki in response to his refutation of Ibn Taymiyah..

ad-Dhahabi said Whenever I met him i Benefited from him. When he died countless people visited his funereal, He died on 10th of Jamadi al Awaal 744H.

[ad-Durar al Kaminah 5/62]
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Sirah & Biographies”