The Tragedy Which Lead Him To Happiness – A Touching Story Narrated By Shaykh Abdur Razzaaq Al Badr

Shehzad Sattar

The Tragedy Which Lead Him To Happiness – A Touching Story Narrated By Shaykh Abdur Razzaaq Al Badr

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 pm

The Tragedy Which Lead Him To Happiness
A Touching Story Narrated By Shaykh Abdur Razzaaq Al Badr

Taken from the lecture: The Quran the Book of Happiness

Shaykh Abdur Razzaaq:

Guidance and happiness are two affairs which go hand in hand; thus whoever is guided then he is happy. And whoever is misguided then he is miserable. Misery is the companion to misguidance which is not separated from it. Therefore, whenever misguidance is found misery is found, and whenever guidance is found happiness is found.

SubhanaAllah!! This is an affair which the people perceive. Whoever is distant from Allah and His obedience and being upright upon His legislation and then he becomes guided, he will perceive in his heart a delight which was missing and a sweetness which was non-existent and a joy which he was not aware of. When Allah honors him, and favors him with guidance he tastes the sweetness and experiences the joy of happiness, the coolness of the eyes, peace of mind, and tranquillity of the soul; which he did not find before that.

I will narrate to you on this topic an amazing story. A few years ago a man called me after Asr prayer and he said; ‘I have a question; but before the question I want to inform you about my condition.’

He said: ‘I am twenty-seven years old and I cannot move any part of my body except for my head.’

I said: ‘How long have you been in this condition?’

He replied: ‘For two years.’

I said: ‘What caused that?’

He replied: A car accident.

I said to him: ‘Where are you living?’

He replied: ‘In such and such a place.’

I said: ‘I want to visit you.’ So I visited him the same day. He began to narrate to me his story, and it was a long story. I sat with him for an hour and a half; and most of the time I was listening and benefitting because his life contained a lesson. He said a statement to me which is the point of reference for the story and I will not be lengthy with the details.

He said to me: ‘By Allah, verily now I feel a delight which I walked for a long time on my feet in search of but did not find’. Before the accident, I was negligent and after the accident I became one who turns to Allah, with remembrance, praying, and reciting the Quran.

One of the noble brothers brought for him a computer device that works by voice control; because his hands do not move. He tested it in front of me. He spoke to the computer and the Soorah he wanted opened. And he spoke to the computer and the verse he wanted opened. He spoke to the computer and the Tafseer he wanted opened. The Quran was in front of him, he read and memorized, and he read the Tafseer and he did not need to turn the pages with his hand or to call anyone to turn the pages for him. The verse he wanted he would request it directly, and if he wanted its Tafseer he would request it directly.

And he said: ‘By Allah, verily now I feel a delight which I walked for a long time on my feet in search of but did not find.’ Thus, let the faithful person take a lesson and take a warning.

Guidance and happiness are only obtained by the Book of Allah the Glorified and Exalted. And whoever seeks it from other than the Book of Allah the Exalted will not attain anything except loss and he will not attain anything except destruction and ruin in his worldly life and his afterlife.

فَإِمَّا يَأْتِيَنَّكُمْ مِنِّي هُدًى فَمَنِ اتَّبَعَ هُدَايَ فَلَا يَضِلُّ وَلَا يَشْقَى

Then if there comes to you guidance from Me, then whoever follows My Guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery (Soorah Taha 20:123)

And pay attention to His statement here: ‘then whoever follows My guidance’; because that which is necessary as it relates to the Quran is following it, not just the mere recitation and properly pronouncing its letters. The Quran was only sent down to be implemented not merely to pronounce its letters correctly while neglecting its guidelines. For this reason, He said: ‘then whoever follows My guidance’. Thus, that which results in happiness is following the guidance not merely memorizing the Quran or memorizing the letters of the Quran. And following the guidance of the Book of Allah is a branch of understanding the Quran and pondering over it.

كِتَابٌ أَنْزَلْنَاهُ إِلَيْكَ مُبَارَكٌ لِيَدَّبَّرُوا آيَاتِهِ وَلِيَتَذَكَّرَ أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ

(This is) a Book (the Quran) which We have sent down to you, full of blessings that they may ponder over its Verses, and that men of understanding may remember. (Soorah Sad 38:29)

Thus this is an affair which is necessary in order to attain happiness; reciting the Quran, reflecting over its verses, working by it, and following its guidance.

Translated by Rasheed ibn Estes Barbee
http://mtws.posthaven.com/

To listen to the lecture in its entirety please visit the following link
al-badr.net/detail/X3phBH61Zf

http://salaf-us-saalih.com/2014/01/14/t ... ing-story/
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “General”