Advice Of Some Sahaba And Tabiyeen

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:07 pm

a) Abu Musa Al-Ashari Abu Burdah reported:
أوصى أبو موسى حين حضره الموت فقال : إذا انطلقتم بجنازتي فأسرعوا المشي ولا يتبعني مجمر ولا تجعلوا في لحدي شيئا يحول بيني وبين التراب ولا تجعلوا على قبري بناء وأشهدكم أنبي برئ من كل حالقة أو سالقة أو خارقة قالوا أو سمعت فيها شيئا ؟ قال : نعم من رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم

Abu Musa Al-Ashari enjoined upon us at the time of his death, saying, “You should hasten with my funeral procession and do not follow me in suspense. Do not put in my grave anything that will come between me and the dust, and do not build anything over my grave. Bear witness that I am free of those women who shave their heads, tear their clothes, and strike their faces.” They said, “Have you heard something about this?” He said, “Yes, from the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him.”
[Musnad Ahmad 4/397 no. 19053, Shaykh al Al-Bani said chain is strong in Tehzeer al Saajid 1/79, Ibn Malaqqan said in Tohfa tul Mohtaaj Narrated by Ibn Hibban in his Saheeh 2/27 no. 880 The Muhaqqiq of the book said this chain is Hasan and saheeh with all of its routs]

b) Abu Mijlaz said that Muawiyah ra said:
إن تسوية القبور من السنة وقد رفعت اليهود والنصارى فلا تشبهوا بهم

Leveling the graves is sunnah. The jews and christians raised them. Do not imitate them
[Musannif Ibn Abi Shayba 3/342, Ibn Abi Asim]

c) Qasim bin Muhammad bin Abu Bakar Siddique ra said:
قال يا بني لا تكتب على قبري ولا تشرفنه إلا قدر ما يرد عني الماء .

O Son: Do not write something on my grave, do not elevate it, but as much as the water remains a side
[Musannif Ibn Abi Shayba 3/335]

Translated by Asim ul Haqq
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “General”