The Student of Knowledge and his Wife

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Shaykh Muhammad Ramzan

Shaykh Muhammad Ramzan: Likewise the student of knowledge and his wife; how is his interaction with his wife? You find some of the students of knowledge not paying this woman any respect, or recognition. When it’s time to eat he wants his food ready. When it’s time for his clothes he wants his clothes ready. Is she a machine? She is a woman with feelings. She is a female who desires affection.

This student of knowledge; if a female calls him with a question you will find him mild mannered and gentle, conveying expressions and instructions in a way he does not interact with his wife. And this is incorrect. His wife is more deserving of this conduct and demeanor. Good sentiments and kindness are from her rights.

How much has she done for you? How much has she prepared for you that which helps you in the arena of knowledge and research, even raising your children while you are on a journey or seeking knowledge? But when you come home (you say) I’m tired, I’m busy, I’m this, I’m that. How much has she prepared for you, how much has she made for you? How much has she done for you? Consequently she has rights.

The student of knowledge; after his care and concern for his parents he should have extreme concern for his wife. She is his intimate friend. She is his companion. She is with him most of the time. How about if he also taught some lessons in the home; knowledge based lessons, and reminded them. Some people shoo flies away from other people while a scorpion is under his foot. He is a person of Dawah and he spreads good amongst the people, but his home is void of the good that is with him. His home is void of the knowledge he has. His wife, his children, or his wives and his children and his parents are void of the knowledge he has. When he sits with them he is a simple layman. He doesn’t mention the verses of Quran or the Hadith, and he doesn’t teach them. It is obligatory upon you first and foremost to teach them and to save them from the Hell-fire. What did Allah the Exalted say about this?

O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones. (Soorah At-Taĥrīm 66:6)

Translated by Rasheed ibn Estes Barbee

Source/Audio: http://mtws.posthaven.com/the-student-o ... d-his-wife
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Family”