Satellite TV in the Homes – A Stern warning from Shaykh Ibn al-Uthaymeen [1421H]

Shehzad Sattar

Satellite TV in the Homes – A Stern warning from Shaykh Ibn al-Uthaymeen [1421H]

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:41 pm

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Shaykh Ibn al-Uthaymeen, may Allah have mercy upon him:

And here there is an issue that I remembered now and I wish to caution against it. And it is that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

مَا مِنْ رَجُلٍ يَسْتَرْعِيهِ اللَّهُ رَعِيَّةً يَمُوتُ يَوْمَ يَمُوتُ وَهُوَ غَاشٌّ لِرَعِيَّتِهِ إِلا حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ الْجَنَّةَ

There is no man to whom Allah has entrusted with the care of people, and he dies while neglecting his flock, except that Allah will forbid Paradise to him.

And this responsibility includes the major vast responsibilities and the minor responsibilities. And it includes the man’s responsibility concerning his family.

And based upon this, whoever dies while he has left behind in his house a satellite dish, then he has died while betraying his responsibility and he will be forbidden paradise as it is mentioned in the hadith.

For this reason we say, any sin that results from this satellite dish that the person installed before his death, verily every sin that results from it after his death then the sin is upon him; even if a long period of time passes by, and the sins are numerous.

Thus beware my Muslim brother, beware not to leave behind you that which will be a sin against you in your grave.

And the satellite dish that you have with you it is OBLIGATORY TO SMASH IT.

Because it is not possible for you to utilize it except in a manner which is prohibited.

It is NOT POSSIBLE TO SELL IT, because if you sold it then you would have imposed upon the buyer using it in disobedience to Allah. And then you would be from those who assist in sin and transgression. AND THERE IS NO WAY TO REPENTANCE FROM THAT BEFORE DEATH EXCEPT BY SMASHING THIS MACHINE; this device that brings about evil and calamities that which is known today to all of the people.

BEWARE MY BROTHER THAT DEATH SHOULD SURPRISE YOU WHILE YOU HAVE THIS FILTHY DEVICE IN YOUR HOME. BEWARE, BEWARE, FOR YOU WILL YEILD ITS SIN AND IT SHALL CONTINUE UPON YOU AFTER YOUR DEATH. We ask Allah for safety and security.

Translated by Rasheed ibn Estes Barbee
http://mtws.posthaven.com/satellite-tv- ... arning-fro

Source: http://salaf-us-saalih.com/2013/03/08/s ... uthaymeen/
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “General”