Dahrees Claim that Ad-Dahr (Time) Manages And Disposes the Affairs of The World – Shaykh Uthaymeen

Shehzad Sattar

Dahrees Claim that Ad-Dahr (Time) Manages And Disposes the Affairs of The World – Shaykh Uthaymeen

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:23 pm

How to Respond to the Dahrees [37]

Question 20: We know that the Dahrees, who are many nowadays and who are considered from the intellect because they think and infer, are agreed upon the belief in the non-existence of Allaah, The Mighty and Majestic. So, how to respond to people like this?

[37] Dahrees: People who deny the existence of Allaah and claim that ad- Dahr (time) manages and disposes the affairs of the world.

Allaah, The Most High, says concerning them:

And they say: “There is nothing but our life of this world, we die and we live and nothing destroys us except ad-Dahr (time). And they have no knowledge of it: they only conjecture.” [Qur’aan, soorat al-Jaathiyah (45): 24].

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said:

“Allaah Said, ‘The son of Adam annoys Me for he abuses Ad-Dahr though I am Ad- Dahr (Time); in My Hands are all things, and I cause the revolution of day and night’.” [Agreed upon hadeeth. Saheeh al-Bukhaaree, vol. 6, no.351].

The statement “I am ad-Dahr,” means that Allaah is The One Who manages Time as explained in the hadeeth itself: “In My Hands are all things [including Time].” Allaah is The One who Created everything and who disposes the affairs of everything [including Time]. It is wrong, therefore, to attribute anything to Time.

The Answer: First I would like to comment on your saying that they are intellectual. So, if you mean by the intellect that of contemplation, then yes! They are intellectuals who contemplate and understand; and if you mean by that the maturity of the intellect and its following of the right way in its affairs (Rushd), then they are not intellectuals. That is why Allaah described the Kuffaar as deaf, dumb, and blind, so they have no sense. They are, however, intellectuals–having the intellect of contemplation, through which evidence is established upon them.

In reality when they say that Allaah does not exist they say this out of arrogance, otherwise they know it is impossible that an erected door makes itself exist nor does it make itself stand upright. They know that it is inevitable that such door needed a carpenter or a blacksmith to build. It is also certain that it needed a construction worker to install. Indeed they know the food they eat and the water they drink definitely is in need of someone to produce and that the food is in need of someone to sow its seeds. They also know that it is impossible for anyone from the people to create such seed-produce, nor to make its seed grow to become a standing crop having stems and bearing fruits.

They know all of this, and they know that this is something which humans are incapable of doing. They, however, are being arrogant, and there is no benefit in debating with an arrogant. He will never accept [the truth], no matter what it may be. If you tell him, “This is the sun” and it is right before him, he will not accept. It is a waste of time to argue with people of this kind, and, as stated by some scholars, the way to invite them is to contend with them in fight not in debates.

Posted from Understanding Worship – Fiqh ul-‘Ibadah – QA Format – Ibn Uthaymeen – Trans by Dr Saleh as Saleh

Source: https://abdurrahman.org/2015/05/12/dahrees-deny-the-existence-of-allaah-and-claim-that-ad-dahr-time-manages-world/
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Atheism”