Tafseer Ibn Katheer or Fee Dhilaal-il-Qur’aan?

ابو عبدالرحمز

Tafseer Ibn Katheer or Fee Dhilaal-il-Qur’aan?

Postby ابو عبدالرحمز » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Tafseer Ibn Katheer or Fee Dhilaal-il-Qur’aan? – Imaam Muqbil

AUTHOR: Imaam Muqbil bin Haadee Al-Waadi’ee
SOURCE: Fadaa’ih wa Nasaa’ih (pg. 163-164)
PRODUCED BY: Al-Ibaanah.com

Question: Al-Ahdal said: “A summary of Tafseer Ibn Katheer can be found in the tafseer Fee Dhilaal-il-Qur’aan (of Sayyid Qutb).”

Answer: Then let him bring us ten or twenty hadeeths with their chains of narration in the tafseer Adh-Dhilaal. Or let him bring us one example of where (Sayyid Qutb) declares a hadeeth authentic or weak! And let him show us where the ‘Aqeedah of the Salaf is in the tafseer, Adh-Dhilaal. Rather, the majority of what is in Adh-Dhilaal is from the (individual) ideologies of Sayyid Qutb.

As for Tafseer Ibn Katheer, then Imaam Ash-Shawkaanee said about it: “His tafseer is from the best of tafseers, if not THE best.”

As-Suyootee said in “Tabaqaat-ul-Huffaadh”: “His tafseer is from the best of tafseers.”

He has interpreted the Qur’aan with the Qur’aan, and he has interpreted the Qur’aan with the Sunnah. He has interpreted the Qur’aan with the statements of the Salaf, and he has interpreted the Qur’aan with the Arabic language. Then he authenticated and weakened (reports) and mentioned which ahaadeeth had no basis (i.e. source). And he refuted those who use some of these ahaadeeth as proof (for their views) by showing that they are not authentic.

I remember when I was in Madeenah, one person, who was from the seniors amongst the Ikhwaan al-Mufliseen, told me that he advises the youth to read tafseer Adh-Dhilaal, and that it is better for them than Tafseer Ibn Katheer!

But these farces will soon die just as the books of Sa’eed Hawaa, which served the ideologies of the Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen, died. And the books of Salaah as-Saawee, which aid the ideologies of the Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen will soon die as well.

And ‘Abdullaah bin Faysal Al-Ahdal will die (i.e. his da’wah) – the one who launches attacks against Ahlus-Sunnah. And we say to him: “Where is your attack against the Sufis, who have transgressed so much so that they supplicate and seek assistance from other than Allaah? Have you called the people to destroy and demolish the shrines (graves) in al-Hawta, and in al-‘Aynaat, and those which are in Shihr itself?

So I must say: It is as if the Devil has deceived you. So it is as if you are prepared to (only) wage war against Ahlus-Sunnah. However, Ahlus-Sunnah give no importance to you. And if it were not that I were encouraged and requested by others to make a refutation against you, I would not have refuted you. This is since these words that come out from you are demented and have no worth whatsoever. So all praise be to Allaah, the Sunnah and good are both widespread. And the people do not look to and rely in (anyone) except Ahlus-Sunnah.

So your words will only increase the people in their trust and reliance in the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah. One time, when the Communists were in ‘Aden, one person from the inhabitants of ‘Aden said to me: “We came to love you before we even saw you.” So it was said to him: “How is that so?” He responded: “Because the Communists used to say to us: ‘There exists a people in Sa’adah who go to their slaves from behind when they want to pray’, so we knew that the Communists did not speak against anyone except for righteous people.”

The people know ‘Abdullaah Al-Ahdal and what he is upon from deviation and misguidance, so his words only serve to aid the Sunnah…

Published: October 7, 2004 | Modified: October 7, 2004

https://abdurrahman.org/2014/09/30/tafseer-ibn-katheer-or-fee-dhilaal-il-quraan-imaam-muqbil/

Return to “Quran & its Sciences”