Who Are The Wahaabis

Shehzad Sattar

Who Are The Wahaabis

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:52 am

Who Are The Wahaabis

Many Muslims and Non-Muslims alike asking this Question very often, specially in these day. I hope this article will clear that misconception, In sha Allah.

In the time of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab, Muslim society suffered from superstitions, pagan practices, heretical innovations and apostatical leanings. The concept of pure and uncompromising Tawhid got mixed up with polytheism. so he started to advise the people and called them according to the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam).

However as ignorant people just have enmity and hatred because of jealousy, along with the fact that bid’ah was so firmly entrenched in their hearts, or they were ignorant and were blindly imitating the people of whims and desires.

So instead of accepting the call of Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhaab which was based upon the Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam), which included the prohibition and the impermissibility of worshipping others besides Allah or the permissibility of supplicating to others, they totally opposed him.

Now we find Shia' and other ignorant people call Ahlu-Sunnah as a Wahabis, this is in fact because of their hatred to the true path of Islam and Tawhid, and for the hate of the man who called them to stop all Shirk and innovations they do.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab said describing himself:

"I tell you that – praise be to Allaah – my belief and my religion, according to which I worship Allah, is the way of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, which was the way of the Imaams of the Muslims, such as the four Imaams and their followers until the Day of Resurrection.

But I explain to people that they must devote their worship sincerely to Allaah (ikhlaas).

I forbid them to call upon the Prophets and the dead among the righteous and others, and from associating them with Allaah in any act of worship that should be done for Allaah alone, such as offering sacrifices, making vows, putting one’s trust, prostrating and other actions which are due to Allaah and in which no one should be associated with Him, not any angel who is close to Him or any Prophet who was sent.

This is the Message which was proclaimed by all the Messengers, from the first of them to the last of them, and this is the way of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah.

I hold a high position in my village and people listen to me. Some of the leaders denounced that because it goes against the customs they grew up with.

I also obliged those who are under me to perform regular prayer, pay zakaah and fulfil other Islamic duties, and I forbade them to deal with ribaa, drink intoxicants and other kinds of forbidden things.

The leaders could not criticize that or find fault with it, because it is something that is liked by the common folk, so they directed their criticism and enmity against that which I enjoin of Tawheed and that which I forbid of shirk, and they confused the common folk by saying that this goes against what everyone is doing, and they caused a great deal of fitnah…"

[al-Durar al-Sunniyyah, (1/64-65, 79-80).]

Islam is based on Qur'an and Authentic teachings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
not on what x,y,z does/says in the name of Islam !

Islam is not how you understand it, Islam is not how I understand it. Islam is How Prophet Muhammad (Sal) understood it, Islam is how Prophet Muhammad (Sal) brought forward, Islam is how Companions of Prophet Muhammad (Sal) understood and practiced it.

Download "The Book of Tawheed" by Shaykh Muhammad Abdul-Wahhaab
www.islamhouse.com/d/files/en/ih_books/ ... awheed.pdf
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Aqidah, Sunnah & Manhaj”