If I Finish Reciting Before The Imam Should I Remain Silent?

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Answered by Shaykh Uthaymeen

Questioner: During the silent prayer, if the person finishes reciting the Al Faitha and a Soorah after it, and the Imam has not yet bowed for Rukoo, should the person remain silent?

Shaykh Uthaymeen: The person should not remain silent if he finishes reciting the Al Fatiha and another Soorah before the Imam bows for Rukoo; rather he should recite until the Imam bows for Rukoo. Even if he is praying the last two Rakat after the first Tashahud and he has finished reciting the Al Fatiha and the Imam has not yet bowed for Rukoo, then he should recite another Soorah until the Imam bows for Rukoo. This is because there is no silence in the prayer except while those praying behind the Imam are listening to the recitation of the Imam.

سُئل الشيخ العلامة محمد الصالح ابن عثيمين رحمه الله
ﺇﺫﺍ ﻓﺮﻍ ﺍﻟﻤﺼﻠﻲ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺼﻼﺓ ﺍﻟﺴﺮﻳﺔ ﻣﻦ ﻗﺮﺍﺀﺓ ﺍﻟﻔﺎﺗﺤﺔ ﻭﺳﻮﺭﺓ بعدها ، ﻭﺍﻹﻣﺎﻡ ﻟﻢ ﻳﺮﻛﻊ ، ﻓﻬﻞ ﻳﺴﻜﺖ ؟
الجواب
ﻻ ﻳﺴﻜﺖ ﺍﻟﻤﺄﻣﻮﻡ ﺇﺫﺍ ﻓﺮﻍ ﻣﻦ ﻗﺮﺍﺀﺓ ﺍﻟﻔﺎﺗﺤﺔ ﻭﺳﻮﺭﺓ ﻗﺒﻞ ﺃﻥ ﻳﺮﻛﻊ ﺍﻹﻣﺎﻡ ، ﺑﻞ ﻳﻘﺮﺃ ﺣﺘﻰ ﻳﺮﻛﻊ ﺍﻹﻣﺎﻡ
ﺣﺘﻰ ﻟﻮ ﻛﺎﻥ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺮﻛﻌﺘﻴﻦ ﺍﻟﻠﺘﻴﻦ ﺑﻌﺪ ﺍﻟﺘﺸﻬﺪ ﺍﻷﻭﻝ ﻭﺍﻧﺘﻬﻰ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻟﻔﺎﺗﺤﺔ ﻭﻟﻢ ﻳﺮﻛﻊ ﺍﻹﻣﺎﻡ ﻓﺈﻧﻪ ﻳﻘﺮﺃ ﺳﻮﺭﺓ ﺃﺧﺮﻯ ﺣﺘﻰ ﻳﺮﻛﻊ ﺍﻹﻣﺎﻡ ؛ ﻷﻧﻪ ﻟﻴﺲ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺼﻼﺓ ﺳﻜﻮﺕ ﺇﻻ ﻓﻲ ﺣﺎﻝ ﺍﺳﺘﻤﺎﻉ ﺍﻟﻤﺄﻣﻮﻡ ﻟﻘﺮﺍﺀﺓ ﺇﻣﺎﻣﻪ
المصدر
[ﻣﺠﻤﻮﻉ ﻓﺘﺎﻭﻯ ﺍﺑﻦ ﻋﺜﻴﻤﻴﻦ (15\108

Translated by Rasheed ibn Estes Barbee
Source: https://mtws.posthaven.com/
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Fiqh, Ibadah & its Sciences”