My Brothers Return to the Mashaayikh, Return to the Senior Scholars

Shehzad Sattar

My Brothers Return to the Mashaayikh, Return to the Senior Scholars

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:50 pm

The virtuous and esteem scholar Saalih Bin S'ad As Suhaymī (hafithahullah) said during his lesson, the Explanation of "Fadl-al-Islaam" on the 8th of Rabee' ath-Thānee 1435 Hijri:

My brothers return to the Mashaayikh, return to the Senior Scholars:

- Our Shaykh His eminence [Abdul-Azīz bin Abdullah Ali as Shaykh] the Mufti
- His eminence Shaykh Saalih al Fawzaan
- [The] virtuous Shaykh Saalih al Luhaydaan
- [The] virtuous Shaykh Abdul-Muhsin Al 'Abaad al Badr
- [The] virtuous Shaykh Zayd Bin Haadi Al Madkhali

These lofty scholars, return to them, benefit from their knowledge and present to them the likes of these things (of differeing etc.), they will direct you (in them). As for quarreling about that which is between you or there comes to you in your city (or country) a small untrainted (or) ignorant person, then he divides your ranks, no matter what country he's from. Verily, one of them mentiioned to me that indeed from the people, Zayd (meaning so and so), cmae to them in their country, and they were upon one path and their hearts (were like) the heart of one man, then he divided them and brought about partisans and factions!

Be careful of this matter, (it) is very dangerous (and_ convey this speech (of mine) to others. And I ask Allah, the Blessed and Most High, to benefit you and I with that which we have mentioned and that which we know, and we do not have of knowledge except a small amount, rather our articles (or) commodities (ya'nee: that which we have done of value) are (but) little, but we hope from Allah that we are proceeding upon the Minhaj of our virtuous scholars, those who refute [and expel] from the book of Allah, the mighty and Majestic, the distortion of those who exceed the bounds, undue the assumption of those who nullify and the (false) interpretation of those who are ignorant, And Allah knows best.

And may peace, prayers and blessings of Allah be upon our Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, his family and all of his companions.

Translator's footnote: This statement, of Shaykh Saalih as Suhaymī (hafithafullah), is a statement from one who is a senior scholar himself; it again shows the humbleness of the scholars. And for this reason, he did not mention himself from those senior Scholars to return to.

The shaykh (hafithadullah) made this statement before the passing of our shaykh, Shaykh Zayd bin Haadi al Madkhali (rahimahullah).

This list of our shaykh is just to give an example and is not meant to be restricted to only those mentioned.

Author: Shaykh Saalih Bin S'ad As Suhaymi
Translator: Abu Abdil-Alim Amin Manning al-Makki
Source: http://www.sahab.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=142568

Source: http://www.salafyink.com/returntoseniorscholars/
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Ahl al-Hadith - Salafiyyah & What Opposes It”