"My Madhhab", Has A Characteristic Of The Jews

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Al-Sheikh Ibn 'Utheimin rahimahu Allah: The one who is called to the Book and the Sunnah, and does not respond, instead saying: "My Madhhab", has a characteristic of the Jews

---

Allah 'Azza wa Jal says

وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمْ آمِنُوا بِمَا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ قَالُوا نُؤْمِنُ بِمَا أُنزِلَ عَلَيْنَا وَيَكْفُرُونَ بِمَا وَرَاءَهُ وَهُوَ الْحَقُّ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا مَعَهُمْ ۗ قُلْ فَلِمَ تَقْتُلُونَ أَنبِيَاءَ اللَّهِ مِن قَبْلُ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ

paraphrased: {And if it is said to them: "Believe in what Allah has sent down", they say: "We believe in what has been sent down to us" and they disbelieve in what has been sent after it (i.e. the Qur'an), while it is the Truth that confirms what is with them. Say: Then why do you kill the Prophets of Allah, if you are truly believers} Surat Al-Baqarah, 2:91

ومنها: أن من دعي إلى الحق كم هذه الأمة، وقال: "المذهب كذا، وكذا"، يعني: "ولا أرجع عنه"، ففيه شبه من اليهود، لأن الواجب إذا دعيت إلى الحق، أن تقول: "سمعنا وأطعنا"، ولا تعارضه بأي قول كان، أو مذهب

And among the lessons of this Aayah: That he among this Ummah who is called to the Truth, and says in response: "The Madhhab says this, and this", meaning: "And I will not leave the Madhhab", such a person has a characteristic of the Jews, because what is obligatory for the one who is called to the Truth, is to say: "We hear and we obey", and not to oppose it with the statement of anyone, or a Madhhab

---Al-Sheikh Ibn 'Utheimin rahimahu Allah, Tafsir Al-Qur'an Al-Karim, Tafsir Surat Al-Baqarah, 1/p.298, Dar Ibn Al-Jawzi
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “The Ahl al-Hadith; Ittiba, Taqlid & Madhhabs”