[Auto-Biography] – How I Was Guided To Tawhid & The Straight Path – Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Jamil Zeno [1431H]

Abu Ubaydah

[Auto-Biography] – How I Was Guided To Tawhid & The Straight Path – Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Jamil Zeno [1431H]

Postby Abu Ubaydah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:13 pm

[Auto-Biography] – How I Was Guided To Tawhid & The Straight Path – Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Jamil Zeno [1431H] - Part 1

Translated

Abu Ubaydah

Checked & Annotated

Abu Hibban & Abu Khuzaimah Ansaari

To proceed I received a letter from a Turkish student from Qauniyyah and the text of it was,

“To Muhammad Ibn Jamil Zeno, Teacher in Darul Hadeeth Khayriyyah in Makkah Mukarramah,

Asalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

to proceed:

Oh Noble teacher! I am a student of knowledge in the faculty of Shar’eeah of Qooniyyah. I transalted your book, ‘The Islamic Belief’ as part of my dissertation into Turkish but I require your biography so that I can include it with the published book. I require from your virtous self that you send me these details. I Thank you very much now oh virtuous Shaikh. Wasalam Upon obedience and guidance.

Bilal Baromaji – Turkey

Many other students of knowledge have requested me that I should write about my life and the various stages in my life that I traversed since I was younger till this current age of 70 years, in how I came towards the correct Islamic belief of the Salaf Saaliheen, based on the evidences from the Noble Quran and the authentic Ahadith. This is indeed a major blessing and no one knows this except the who tastes.

The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) spoke the truth when he said, “He has found the taste of faith (iman) who is content with Allah as his Lord, with Islam as his religion and with Muhammad (ﷺ) as his Prophet. (Trans, hadith has been narrated by Abbas (RadhiAllahu Anhu) Muslim no.34)

Therefore I am writing my autobiogprahy so that the reader will obtain some advice and lesson from it and be able to distinguish between the truth from the falsehood insha Allah. I ask Allah that he benefits the Muslims with this book and makes this is sincere to seek his face.

Muhammad bin Jamil Zeno

1/1/1415H

So…..

I was born in the country of Syria in the city of Halb (Aleppo) in 1925 corresponding to 1344 hijri and at this moment my age is approximately 73 years). When I was approximately 10 years old I entered into a private school where I learnt to read and write. After this I entered the school for the memorisation of the Qur’aan known as Dar al-Huffadh and I spent 5 years there, where I learnt Tajweed and memorised the Qur’aan.

Then I entered a madrassah in Aleppo which was known as The Faculty of Shar’eeah at-Tajhaziyyah which is now known as ‘Shar’eeh Secondary School’. In this school I learnt the Shar’eeah along with modern subjects. So I learnt Tafseer, Hanafi Fiqh, Arabic Grammar (Sarf and Nahw), History, Science of Hadeeth and other sciences of the Shar’eeah. Like this I learnt modern subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics along with learning and reading the French language as well classical sciences invented by the Muslims like Algebra.

I remember when I learned the subject of Tawheed from a book called “al-Husoon al-Humaydiyah”. This book was based upon Tawheed Ruboobiyah and the main content which the book was trying to prove was that this Universe has one Creator and one Rab (Cherisher, Sustainer, Nourisher, Guide). Only afterwards I realised the author of the book and also where they teach the Shari’ah subjects to the general Muslims at the schools and universities, tawheed ruboobiyah was taught with numerous mistakes. And these same mistakes were committed by those who fought and differed with the Messenger of Allah (Sallalaahu alayhi wasalam). Even though they accepted that their creator is the one and only Allah. Whereby Allah the Most High has mentioned in regards to them:

And if you asked them who created them, they would surely say, ” Allah .” So how are they deluded? (surah 43 az-Zukhruf ayah 87)

Rather Shaytaan, the accursed even accepted that his Rab is Allah. Allah the Rab of the worlds mentioned his declaration that:

[Iblees] said, “My Lord, because You have put me in error, I will surely make [disobedience] attractive to them on earth, and I will mislead them all (Surah 15 al-Hijr ayah 39)

Therefore, Tawheed Uloohiyah which is the foundation of Islaam, whereby a Muslim attains salvation. I didn’t learn this and I didn’t know anything about it. The situation is that the students of the schools and universities where they teach the modern subjects don’t know anything about regards and neither is this subject taught.

Whilst Allah the Most High commanded and sent all the Messengers and Prophets (Alayhimus Salaam) to call towards his Uloohiyah and this is what the seal of the Prophets, Muhammad the Messenger of Allah (Sallalaahu alayhi wasalam) called his people towards. However they rejected this and became arrogant, just like Allah the Most Great said about their condition,

Indeed they, when it was said to them, “There is no deity but Allah,” were arrogant (Surah 37 as-Saafaat ayah 35)

This is why the Arabs perfectly well knew the meaning of “There is no one worthy of being worshipped in truth except Allah.” They knew whoever said this would not be allowed to ask anyone else for help. Now the situation is as such that some Muslims testify the Aqidah of Uloohiyah from their tongues yet at the same time call upon other than Allah! Therefore they negate their own declarations.

As for ‘Tawheed al-Asma wa-Sifaat,’ it is a great shame that in numerous countries and cities the attributes of Allah are figuratively explained in the various schools and institutes and this is what also happened in our school that Ta’weel was done of the Sifaat of Allah. I remember my teacher explaining Istiwa in the following Ayah of Qur’aan:

The Most Merciful rose (istiwa) over the Throne. (Surah 20 Taha ayah 5)

To mean Istawlaa meaning taking control over, becoming dominant and prevailing and then use the following poem as a proof:

“Indeed Bishr (an Ameer) became dominant (Istiwa) over Iraq without the sword and spilling blood.”

Imaam Ibn Jawzee said that nobody knows the poet who uttered these words. Others have said he was a Christian. The tafseer or explanation of the word ‘Istiwaa’ in Saheeh Bukhari under the saying of Allah the Rab of the worlds,

It is He who created for you all of that which is on the earth. Then He directed Himself to the heaven, Istiwa [His being above all creation], and made them seven heavens, and He is Knowing of all things. (Surah 2 al-Baqarah ayah 29)

Imaam Mujaahid and Abul Aaliyah said the meaning of ‘Istiwaa’ is “A’alaa and Irtafa’a” meaning He rose or became Lofty. (Saheeh Bukhari, Kitaab at-Tawheed 8/175. [Trans Note:Chapter 22 “And His Throne was on water”])

So how is it allowed for a Muslim to leave the saying of the Tabi’een from Saheeh Bukhari and take the saying of an unknown Poet? (Obviously) this is not possible.

This corrupt Ta’weel in which they rejected Allah the Most Great being above His Throne, is against the belief (aqeedah) of Imaam Maalik and Imaam Abu Haneefah. The madhab of Imaam Abu Haneefah, which they are always studying, he says, “Whoever says that I don’t know if my Rab is in the heavens or on the Earth, then he has committed Kufr ie disbelief”. Because Allah the Rab of the worlds says, The Most Merciful rose (istiwa) over the Throne. (Surah 20 Taha ayah 5) and His Throne is above the seven Heavens. (See Sharh Aqeedah Tahaawiyah p.322)

I completed my Secondary education in 1948 and also quickly obtained my College certificates. I also passed my entry examination for Cairo University which is in Egypt, however because of bad health I wasn’t able to go there to study and entered the Dar al-Mu’alimeen in Aleppo instead.

After graduation I started teaching as a teacher for 29 years and then I left teaching. After leaving teaching I went to Makkah Mukarramah for Umrah in 1399 Hijri (1979). I was introduced to Shaykh Abdul Azeez Ibn Abdullah Ibn Baaz. When he found out that my aqeedah was salafee he put me as a teacher in the Haram in Makkah during the days of Hajj.

When the season of Hajj finished he sent me to Jordan as a Daa’ee. When I arrived there I stayed for a while as an Imaam, Khateeb and teacher of the Quran in Jamia Masjid Salahudeen Ayubi which is in the city of Ramthaa. I used to go to the primary schools and give lectures on tawhid to the students and bring their attention towards it, so they accepted this knowledge with a great goodness.

I went to Makkah Mukarramah for Umrah again in 1400 Hijri (1980), in the month of Ramadhaan, and stayed there until after Hajj. Whilst I was there I met a student of knowledge from Darul Hadeeth Khayriyyah. He asked me to become a teacher and teach at Dar ul Hadeeth, because there was an extreme need for teachers there, especially for lessons in the science of Hadeeth.

I spoke to the Director of Darul Hadeeth on the telephone and he showed some verbal acceptance and said that I should get a reference from Shaykh Ibn Baaz. Therefore I spoke to the Shaykh and he wrote to the Director that I should become a teacher there. I then started teaching the students at the school with regards to Tafseer, Tawheed, Qur’aan and other sciences (subjects).

Then with the grace and help of Allah the Most beneficient and Most Noble I started writing small booklets, which became accepted with honour around the world. Some books were translated into English, French, Bengali, Indonesian, Turkish, Urdu and other languages and spread around the world. I named them ‘Silsilah at-Tawjeehaat al-Islaamiyah’ which is compromised of more than 20 booklets, and most of them have been printed in the thousands. All praise is due to Allah. Most of them are given for the sake of Allah.

I ask Allah the Rab of the worlds that the general Muslims gain the full benefit from them, and make this act sincerely for Him. (Allahumma Ameen)

Taken from Kayfa Ihdataydu Ila Tawhid Was- Siratul Mustaqim (p.2-5)

http://www.salafiri.com/auto-biography-how-i-was-guided-to-tawhid-the-straight-path-shaikh-muhammad-ibn-jamil-zeno-1431h/
Last edited by Abu Ubaydah on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Abu Ubaydah

Re: [Auto-Biography] – How I Was Guided To Tawhid & The Straight Path – Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Jamil Zeno [1431H] - Part 2

Postby Abu Ubaydah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:15 pm

Translated

Abu Ubaydah

Checked & Annotated

I used to be Naqshbandi

Since childhood I used to sit in Dhikr circles and lectures at the Masajid. Once a Mawlana from the Naqshbandi Tariqah saw me and he took me to a corner of the Masjid and told me about the chanting of the Naqshbandi Tariqah. However due to my young age I was unable to maintain the Dhikr chants in the method I was ordered. Nevertheless, I used to attend these dhikr circles with my relatives. I used to hear the eulogies (speech in praise of someone or something who recently died) and songs of praise that they used to sing. One thing I specifically noted was that whenever the name of their Shaikh (Pir) was mentioned they would start screaming out loudly.

In the night, this chaotic (awkward) sound would aggravate and annoy me and the reason I would get anxious and distressed. When I got a little older, one of my relatives started taking me to the local Masjid so that I could partake in the khatam sharif gathering. We used to sit in the shape of a circle (halaqa). One mawlana would distribute pebbles and say “recite Fatiha and Surah Ikhlas on them.” So we used to recite Surah Fatiha, Surah Ikhlas, Dua of Istighfar and Durud Sharif upon the Prophet Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam which was in accordance to the way he told us based to the number of pebbles. The words of the Durud which I still remember up till now are:

O Allah send Durud upon Muhammad Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam in accordance to the amount of animals there are

At the end of their dhikr they would say this in a loud voice. At the end, the deputy Mawlana of the khatam sharif would say ‘Rabit Sharif’ what they meant by this was, that during your dhikr the murids should picture and imagine their Shaikh (Pir) in their hearts, because according to their claims their Shaikh connects the murids to Allah.

So during dhikr they would start screaming. During wajd[1] (trance) they would go in a state of ecstasy and rip their clothes. Once I saw a person come out from a high place and walked forward by trampling on the heads of those who were present. It looked as though a wrestler came into the arena. During the dhikr this Naqshbandi Mawlana used to become shocked at the screaming, shouting and misbehavior.

Once I went to one of my favourite relatives house where this type of gathering was being organised and I heard a poem of this naqshbandi group whilst I was outside, they were singing:

I swear by Allah! Guide me, take me to the Shaikh who can help, take me there

The one who can cure the sick and transform the insane to sanity

I stood at the door of the house and did not go inside. I told the person of the house, “Does your Shaikh cure the sick and make the insane become normal?”

He said, “Yes”

So I said to him, “So when Esa Alayhisalam was given the miracle by Allah, Rab of the Universe to bring the dead to life and cure the lepers he used to do it with the permission and command of Allah. How can this Shaikh do it without the permission and command of Allah?”

He replied, “Our Shaikh also does this with the permission and command of Allah.”

Then I said,” So why do not you people say ‘With the permission of Allah’?” I then knew that this person was lying.

Know that without a shadow of a doubt! The one who cures is Allah. Just like Ibrahim Alayhisalam said,

“So when I become ill then only He (Allah) is the one who exclusively cures me” [Surah Ash Shu’ara 26: 80]

[1] Translators Note: [Wajd] Which essentially means esoteric trance accompanied with strange body movements. Here the Shaikh has mentioned a specific form of worship the Sufis do. When they hear fabricated dhikr, eulogies and poems they go into a state of madness and insanity. This is what they call wajd, tawajid and sama’. Apart from ripping their clothes they also dance, jump up and down, and move in really strange movements. The ignorant people then say that at this moment their line or call has been connected and they have a direct connection.

http://www.salafiri.com/auto-biography-how-i-was-guided-to-tawhid-the-straight-path-shaikh-muhammad-ibn-jamil-zeno-1431h-part-2/
Last edited by Abu Ubaydah on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abu Ubaydah

Re: [Auto-Biography] – How I Was Guided To Tawhid & The Straight Path – Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Jamil Zeno [1431H] - Part 3

Postby Abu Ubaydah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Translated

Abu Ubaydah

Checked & Annotated

An Overview of the Naqshbandi Tariqah (Methodology)

1. This Tariqah (methodology) is a Sufi group. It’s distinction to other groups is because of it’s specific secret chants and tasks. Compared to other well known groups they don’t dance or clap hands.

(T.N. Just as those who perform Qawali do these things. However in the Indian subcontinent the Naqshbandis dance, clap and do everything the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) forbade from. Maybe the Naqshbandis in Sham didn’t do this and Shaikh didn’t have knowledge of them doing it in the Indian subcontinent.)

2. Doing Dhikr in groups, giving each other pebbles to use for praying and putting them inside water to soak then drinking that water and thinking it can cure, along with being fanatical organisers of khatam telling murids to engage in this, were all refuted and rejected by the great companion Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud (RadiAllahu Anhu) at that time when he entered a Masjid and saw a group of people having pebbles in their hands. They were telling each other to say, “Recite a certain tasbih in this way on the pebbles” So he warned (reprimanded and admonished) them by saying, “What am I seeing you all do?” they said, “O Abu Abdurahman! We are reciting La Ilaha Illalah, Allahu Akbar and Subhan Allah in accordance to the amount of pebbles there are” Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud replied, “O Ummah of Muhammad (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) (Look at) How fast you are going towards destruction! You are doomed (and ruined by doing these actions)! The companions of your Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) are still present in a large number and the shroud of the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) hasn’t (worn out) degraded away. His kitchen utensils are still present and haven’t broken. How about you count your sins. I stand in surety that Allah will not allow your virtues to go to waste if you do this instead. I swear by the One who has my life in His hand, it can never be possible that your methodology is better than the methodology of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). O Wrongdoers! Are you about to open up the doors of misguidance (by doing these type of actions)?”. (Hasan, Narrated by ad-Darimi and Tabarani)

It is logically reasonable that either these people were more guided than the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) because they were given the strength to perform an action that he (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) didn’t know about or these people are clearly and utterly misguided. From the two mentioned answers the first point is completely wrong because there is no one more virtuous than Allah’s Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and only the other point remains, which is accurate since those people have fallen victims to misguidance.

3. Rabt Sharif: This means that during Dhikr you should put the image of your Shaikh in your mind with the firm binding belief that your guide (master, leader, Shaikh) is looking at you and that he is fully monitoring and watching you. This is why during their (the Naqshbandis) Dhikr you will see them fainting (and becoming overwhelmed). In addition they shout and scream strange, horrible and confusing sounds.

According to them this is the level of ‘Ihsan’ whereby the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “Al-Ihsan implies that you worship Allah as if you are seeing Him, and although you don’t see Him, without a shadow of a doubt He is seeing you” (Narrated by Muslim, Book of Faith, Chapter: What is Islam? Explaining its characteristics.)

The Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) is teaching us here clearly that we should worship Allah as though we are seeing Him and even though we don’t see Him, He definitely sees us

(T.N. meaning to know that He is observing every single action you are doing and knows exactly how you are doing it with all the minute details. This allows us to completely focus on the worship since when a person does an action and is mentally aware and reminded of the fact that Allah is present and assessing them you will take extra care and effort to do it correctly and right first time with full devoted determination in order to impress and receive full acceptance and acknowledgement of the action)

The level and position of righteousness (in this action of doing Ihsan according to the hadith mentioned above) is only for Allah the Most Great. Whilst they have given this to their Shaikh. This is the same type of Shirk that Allah has forbidden. Allah says,

“(O people of faith) Only worship Allah and don’t associate any partners with Him (in any type of worship)” Surah an-Nisa 4, ayah 36

Dhikr is a type of worship only for Allah it is not allowed for someone else to be part of it. We are not allowed to make anyone a partner with Allah in worship. It doesn’t matter what type of suprior position they have whether they are Angels, Messengers (Alayhimusalam) and scholars etc. or mawlanas of a lower rank and lower importance. It is a based on a fact that the Shadhili Tariqah also imagine the Shaikh (in their mind) during Dhikr. This imagining of the Shaikh in one’s mind is also present in other Sufi Tariqahs. These will be explained and described further on (in this book) insha Allah.

4. The severe scream and loud calling out that they do during the dhikr of the Shaikh or when they ask help (in those things that only Allah can provide help with) from other than Allah just like from the Ahlul Bayt or from one of Allah’s pious people is rejected. Rather this is from the shirk which has been prohibited. Screaming and calling out loudly during the dhikr of Allah is an action which goes against the pleasure and custom of Allah because it negates the saying of Allah:

“In reality the (true) believers are those whose hearts become shocked (scared, shaken, their minds come back to reality because they become aware of Allah’s punishment and reward) (because of having the taqwa of Allah) when Allah is mentioned (in front of them)” Surah al-Anfal 8 ayah 2

In the same way this also goes against the saying of the Messenger of Allah (Salllahi Alayhi Wa Sallam) as he (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, “…O people, show mercy to yourselves (i.e. don’t raise your voices) for you are not calling One who is deaf or absent. Verily, you are calling One who is All-Hearing (and) Near to you and is with you.” (Agreed upon)

(T.N. The scholars of hadith clearly understood this the correct way. An example is how Imam an Nawawi has put this hadith under the chapter heading in Sahih Muslim as Chapter: It Is Recommend To Lower One's Voice When Saying Remembrance (Dhikr), Except In The Cases Where It Is Commanded To Raise The Voice Such As The Talbiyah Etc. (in the book of The Book Pertaining to the Remembrance of Allah, Supplication, Repentance and Seeking Forgiveness)

Screaming, shouting, observing khushu (humbleness, submissiveness, concentration, focus, humility) and crying whilst remembering the awliya of Allah is completely against the pleasure of Allah because this is what the mushriks became happy with (in their hearts) that Allah mentioned in the Quran:

“(And O Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)) And when Allah is mentioned alone (without any partners or associates being in His dominion) then those people who don’t believe in the hereafter, their hearts shrink with hatred (and they become irritated when the Tawhid of Allah is mentioned i.e. they don’t even want to hear it because their kufr and arrogance prevents them) and when someone else is mentioned (in the acts of worship) instead of Allah (their hearts become open and) they become happy (because their hearts reject the truth and then they become quick to accept falsehood)” Surah az-Zumar 39 ayah 45

5. Exaggeration of the Shaikh is from the Naqshbandi Tariqah: For e.g. the firm belief of the murids (followers) that their Shaikh can cure the sick whilst Allah has mentioned the saying of Ibrahim (Alayhisalam) in the noble Quran,

“And when I become ill then it is only He (Allah the One and only) who cures me” Surah ash-Shu’ara 26 ayah 80

In addition to this the story of the believing (Muslim) boy who used to make Dua for those who were ill and Allah used to cure them. Once when the King’s advisor said to him, “If you cure me then I will give you wealth” So that believing boy replied to him by saying, “Allah is the only One who cures I don’t cure anyone. If you believe in Allah I will make Dua for you then He will cure you” (Narrated by Muslim, Book of Zuhd and Softening of Hearts , Chapter: The Story Of The People Of The Ditch And The Magician, The Monk And The Boy)

6. In their opinion saying only the word “Allah” is Dhikr. They repeat it thousands of times for e.g. Allah…Allah…Allah…whilst this is not established from the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and neither from the companions, tabi’in or the mujtahid Imams rather this is a bid’ah from tasawuf and the expression is deficient because the word “Allah” is the beginning word and there is no information after it. If someone says the name “Umar” repeatedly then we will say, “What do you want from Umar?” and if he doesn’t mention his request from Umar and continues to repeat “Umar…Umar…” we will say he has lost his mind and is mental since this poor helpless person doesn’t know what he is saying (or what he wants).

You can bring the following saying of Allah as proof against the single (word, phrase) dhikr to refute the Sufis by mentioning that if a person says (a part of the ayah in the Quran Surah al-An’am ayah 91),

“Say Allah...Say Allah…Say Allah…”

what can you understand from only saying that phrase if the full information and words (from the ayah) before it haven’t been said? So instead if he was to say (and read the full ayah):

“And they did not regard Allah with the respect (honour, reverence) that is due to Him when they said, ‘Allah has not sent down anything (i.e. revelation, guidance, a book) to any human.’(So) Say (O Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) (in refutation and reminder to them that), ‘Who had sent down the Book that was brought by Musa (Alayhisalam) as a light and guidance for the people, which you make into separate parchments (pages, i.e. a book) that you display (parts of it), while you conceal (and hide) much of it, and [by means of which] you were taught what you did not know, [neither] you nor your fathers?’ Say (O Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) that of course), ‘Allah! (is the one who revealed it before to a human so why can’t he do it again? Without a shadow of a doubt He can)’

Then you will understand what he is saying properly.

http://www.salafiri.com/auto-biography-how-i-was-guided-to-tawhid-the-straight-path-shaikh-muhammad-ibn-jamil-zeno-1431h-part-3-an-overview-of-the-naqshbandi-tariqah-methodology/
Last edited by Abu Ubaydah on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abu Ubaydah

Re: [Auto-Biography] – How I Was Guided To Tawhid & The Straight Path – Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Jamil Zeno [1431H] - Part 4

Postby Abu Ubaydah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Translated

Abu Ubaydah

Checked & Annotated

Then How Did I Turn Away From The Shadhili Tariqa (Methodology)

During this time I got to know a Mawlana from the Shathili Tariqa. He was very well mannered and a hospitable person. He used to come to my house and I used to visit him at his house. His gentle and nice conversation astonished me. I asked him to teach me some (chanting) words to recite from the Shadhili Tariqa and he told me about some special type of words to recite. (T.N. If you study and look into the Shadhili Tariqa very closely then you will notice that they have a lot of different types of dhikr which are fabricated. Most of the time they claim that the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) came in a dream and specially taught them a specific type of dhikr with so many virtues and told them to hold steadfast to it. And this is Batil since the religion is complete) He made a special corner for the gathering of the mehfil which used to gather after the Jumah Salah.

Once I came to his house and I saw pictures of many Shadhili Tariqa elders displayed on the wall. So I reminded him about the command of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) which forbade the putting up of images. He gave no reply despite there being a completely clear hadith on this topic and it wasn’t hidden from the mawlana.
The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said,

“Angels do not enter a house that has either a dog or a picture in it."(Sahih Bukhari, Book of the Beginning of Creation, Chapter: If a housefly falls in the drink hadith no.3322)

"Angels do not enter the house in which there are portrayals or pictures."(Sahih Muslim, Book of Clothes and Adornment, Chapter: The Prohibition Of Making Images Of Living Beings, And The Prohibition Of Using Images That Are Not Subjected To Disrespect In Furnishings And The Like; The Angels (Alayhimusalam) Do Not Enter A House In Which There Is An Image Or A Dog hadith no.2112)

In another hadith:

“The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) prohibited having images in the house, and he prohibited making them." (Narrated by Tirmidhi Book of Clothing Chapter: What Has Been Related About Images and he said it is Hasan Sahih, Graded Sahih by Darusalam)

After this our contact cut off. Then after a year I thought about visiting this mawalana. So coincidentally I met him on the way to Makkah when I was going to perform Umra. He invited me, my sons and one of my companions to eat after Esha. When we finished eating he started saying to me,

“Would you like to hear some religious poems from these youngsters? (who were sitting with him)”

so I said,

“Sure why not”

So he told his young murids who were sitting besides him to recite a religious poem. On the faces of the young men you could see very elegant, nice and beautiful beards. They started to recite it in a tragic voice. The summary of it is:

"Whoever worships Allah by being hopeful and greedy for Jannah or through fear of Jahanam, then in reality he is worshipping idols"

I said to them,

"What are you saying!? Allah has said in the noble Quran in an ayah, whilst praising the Prophets (Alayhimusalam),

"...Without a shadow of a doubt, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and used to humble themselves before Us." (Surah al-Anbiya 21 ayah 90)

So the mawlana said to me,

“This poem which the youngsters were reciting is the poem of my murshid Sayid Abdul Gani Nablusi”

I said to the Mawlana,

“Is your Shaikh’s saying higher in priority than the saying of Allah? Whilst it even opposes the Quran?”

One of the youngsters said,

“Ali (Radi Allahu Anhu) said, “Whoever worships Allah whilst being greedy for Jannah then his worship will be counted like the worship trade of traders”

I said to him,

“Which book have you seen this saying of Ali (Radi Allahu Anhu)? And is this saying correct?”

So then he went quiet. I said to him,

“Can any believing person’s intellect admit that Ali (Radi Allahu Anhu), who is from one of the special companions of the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and in addition to having the status of being given glad tidings of Jannah, will go against the Quran?"

Then my companion said to him,

“O brother! Allah has mentioned the attributes of the believer and praised them with the following words,

“Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Rab in fear and hope, and they spend (in charity in Allâh's Cause) out of what We have bestowed on them" (Sura as-Sajda 32 aya 16)

However the mawlana didn’t accept (that his beliefs are wrong) even though all these proofs were presented. I finished the meeting with him and went towards the Masjid to pray salah. One of the youngsters from his group met me and said,

“We are with you, and the truth is also with you however we can’t talk and don’t have the courage to refute what the mawlana says”

I said,

“Why don’t you say the truth?”

he said,

“If we say(the truth) then he will throw us out of the place of residence (that he provides for us)”

And this is the first thing a Sufi does. The Sufi mawalana advises his students that they should not object to any of his actions even if what the mawalana does is wrong. They have a famous phrase which they circulate amongst themselves that is,

“Whichever Murid says to his Murshid (Pir), ‘Why’ then he will never be successful”

These people are completely ignorant and unaware of the saying of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam),

”All the children of Adam commit sins, and the best of those who commit sins are the ones who repent” (Sunan Ibn Maja, Book of Zuhd Graded Hasan by Darusalam)

In addition to being ignorant to Imam Malik's saying,

“Every person’s saying will be taken (and accounted for) and will be referred back to the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)”

(i.e. if his saying is in accordance to the saying of the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) or doesn’t go against his (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam’s) saying, then it is ok otherwise it will be rejected)

http://www.salafiri.com/auto-biography-how-i-was-guided-to-tawhid-the-straight-path-shaikh-muhammad-ibn-jamil-zeno-1431h-part-4-then-how-did-i-turn-away-from-the-shadhili-tariqah-methodolog/
Last edited by Abu Ubaydah on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abu Ubaydah

Re: [Auto-Biography] – How I Was Guided To Tawhid & The Straight Path – Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Jamil Zeno [1431H] - Part 5

Postby Abu Ubaydah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Translated

Abu Ubaydah

Checked & Annotated

Mehfils (Gatherings) On Sending Durud Upon The Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam)

I went with some Mawlanas to a Mehfil like this in a Masjid. We entered in the dhikr circle and the people attending were dancing in the dhikr circle. They were holding on to each other swaying right and left. Sometimes they bounced up or down. Then they started chanting in loud voices Allah Allah. Every person sitting in the mehfil would get up from their place and go to the centre. With their two hands they would indicate towards other people present to join in this dance. My turn came along to get up and do all these actions. The chairman of the Mehfil indicated to me to get up. However one of the Mawalanas who came along with me made an excuse for me by saying,
“Leave him to stay in his place since he is a weak man”

He knew that I didn’t like doing these type of things. When the chairman of the Mehfil saw that I wasn’t getting up and that I was staying in my place he left me alone and during the Mehfil he excused me from doing these strange movements.

I heard beautiful voices of poetry and nashids which were not free of seeking help from other than Allah. In this Mehfil I also saw women who sat in high places that were looking at the men. There were young girls who were not covered. Their hair was showing, legs were uncovered and their hands and necks were showing. My heart felt a lot of discomfort when I saw this. At the end of the Mehfil I requested to the chairman that,

“There were young girls sitting in the Masjid whilst being uncovered in addition to other women. It would have been such a good action if you advised them to cover themselves.”

He replied to me saying,

“We don’t advise women and neither do we say anything to them in this context”

I said to him,

“Why not?”

He said,

“If we advise them then they will stop coming to the dhikr Mehfil”

I said to myself la hawla wa la quwata ila billah, what kind of dhikr is this where women are uncovered and there is no one to advise them? Do these people want to make their Messenger (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) happy with those actions that he (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said should be stopped in the following hadith,

“He who amongst you sees something evil should modify it with the help of his hand; and if he can’t do that, then he should do it with his tongue, and if he can’t do that, then he should (abhor it) from his heart, and that is the least of faith." (Narrated by Muslim, Book of faith, Chapter of Clarifying that forbidding evil is part of faith, faith increases and decreases; Enjoying what is good and forbidding what is evil are obligatory)

http://www.salafiri.com/auto-biography-how-i-was-guided-to-tawhid-the-straight-path-shaikh-muhammad-ibn-jamil-zeno-1431h-part-5-mehfils-gatherings-on-sending-durud-upon-the-prophet-sallal/
Abu Ubaydah

Re: [Auto-Biography] – How I Was Guided To Tawhid & The Straight Path – Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Jamil Zeno [1431H] Part 6

Postby Abu Ubaydah » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Translated

Abu Ubaydah

Checked & Annotated

The Qadiri Methodology

A person who was on the Qadiri methodology invited me and my teacher, who taught me Arabic grammer and tafsir, to his house for a meal. So we went to his house. After eating, some people who were also present stood up. They started jumping up and down and sometimes swayed right and left whilst saying Allahu Allahu with a loud voice. I stood up without swaying like them. Then I sat down on the sofa and they continued jumping around until the first duration finished. I saw them sweating abundantly and towels were brought for them so they could wipe the sweat off. This activity carried on until the middle of the night. At this time I left and went home.

The next day I met a man who was present in the Majlis and he was one of my teachers at school.

I said to him,

"How long were you all swaying around for last night?"

He said,

"We did the dhikr Majlis till half the night went by until 2 am, after that we went back to our homes to sleep"

I replied to him,

"So what time did you pray Fajr salah?"

He said to me,

"We missed praying Fajr salah and could not perform it on time"

I said to myself, Masha Allah what a (bizarre) Dhikr that makes you miss praying Fajr salah on time. Then I remembered the words narrated by A'isha (Radi Allahu Anha) that she mentioned the attributes of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and said,

"The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) used to go to sleep early at the beginning of the night and used to wake up quickly at the last part of the night (in order to worship Allah)." (Agreed upon)

These Sufiya do the complete opposite. They stayed awake dancing, chanting and doing innovations in the religion until half of the night went by. Then they went to sleep in the other half of the night which resulted in missing the Fajr salah.

Allah the Most High says,

"So woe to those who pray, who are heedless of their prayer" meaning that they do not perform the daily prayers on time.

And the noble Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said,

"The 2 rak'ah of Fajr are better than the world and whatever it contains." (Narrated by at-Tirmidhi and Shaikh Albani graded it Sahih)

http://www.salafiri.com/auto-biography-how-i-was-guided-to-tawhid-the-straight-path-shaikh-muhammad-ibn-jamil-zeno-1431h-part-6-the-qadiri-methodology/

Return to “Sirah & Biographies”