Baraa Ibn Aaazib (RadhiAllaahu Anhu)

Abu Ubaydah

Postby Abu Ubaydah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:29 pm

A Summarised discussion of Baraa Ibn Aaazib (RadhiAllaahu Anhu) is as follows:

Name and lineage:

Abu Amaarah Baraa Ibn Aazib Ibn Haarith Ibn Aadee Mujda’ah Ibn Haarithah Ibn Haarith Ibn Khazraj Ibn Amr Ibn Maalik Ibn Aws al-Ansaari al-Haarithee al-Awsee (RadhiAllaahu Anhu)

His (Baraa Ibn Aazib (RadhiAllaahu Anhu)) father was also a companion.

His mother’s name is Habeebah bint Abee Habeebah Ibn Hubbaab Ibn Anas or Umm Khaalid bint Thaabit Bin Sinnaan. He was Aboo Sa’eed al-Khudree’s paternal uncle’s son.

Students:

Aboo Umar Zaadaan al-Kindee, Sa’eed Ibn al-Musayyab, Aamir ash-Shu’bee, Abdurahmaan Ibn Abee Layla, Ubayd Ibn Baraa Ibn Aazib, Aboo Ishaaq as-Sabe’ee, Yazeed Ibn Baraa Ibn Aazib and Aboo Burdah Ibn Abee Moosa al-Ash’aree and other than them. May Allah have mercy on all of them.

Virtues:

He was not allowed to participate in the battle of Badr because of not having reached the age of puberty and also did not participate in Uhud. He participated in many of remaining battles with the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam).

1. Bara Ibn Aazib said, “I have taken part in 15 battles with the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam) (against the disbelievers), me and Abdullah Ibn Umar are the same age.” (Tabaqaat Ibn Sa’d (4/368) and its chain is authentic)

2. Abu Busrah al-Ghifaree (al-Juhanee Rahimahullah) narrates that Bara Ibn Aazib al-Ansaari said, “I accompanied the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam) on eighteen journeys and I never saw him fail to pray two rak’ahs when the sun had passed the meridian before offering the noon prayer.” (Sunan Abee Dawood: (no.1222), and its chain is [Hasan li-Dhatihee] good in itself and al-Haakim authenticated it on the conditions of the two Shaykhs (Bukharee and Muslim) and adh-Dhahabee agreed with him!)

3. He recited (meaning learned) some surah’s before the delightful coming of the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam) to Madeenah Tayyibah meaning before the Hijrah (TN. Of the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam)) (See Tabaqaat Ibn Sa’d (4/368) and its chain is authentic)

Knowledge of narrations:

He narrated 305 ahadeeth, from which 22 are in the Saheehayn (15 in Saheeh Bukharee and 6 indivudal in Saheeh Muslim and the remaining are (TN.in) common (TN.books)). See Seer A’laam an-Nubalaa (3/196)

Death:

He passed away in 72 or 71 Hijri over the age of 80 years old. (RadhiAllaahu Anhu)

http://www.salafiri.com/40-hadith-shaikh-ul-islam-imam-ibn-taymiyyah-hadith-no-1-hajj-and-the-ruling-of-the-messenger-of-allah-sallalahu-alayhi-was-sallam-by-shaikh-zubair-ali-zai-1435h/

Return to “Sirah & Biographies”