A'isha (Radi Allahu Anha)

Abu Ubaydah

A'isha (Radi Allahu Anha)

Postby Abu Ubaydah » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:59 pm

A Summarised comprehensive biography of A'isha (Radi Allahu Anha) is as follows:

Name and lineage:

The mother of the believers A'isha Siddiqa bint Abi Bakr as-Siddiq (Radi Allahu Anha)

Students:

Aswad Ibn Yazid, Sa'id Ibn al-Musayib, Sulayman Ibn Yasar, Abu Wa'il Shaqiq Ibn Salamah, Amir Ibn Sharahil ash-Shu'bi, Abdullah Ibn Zubayr Ibn al-Awam (Radi Allahu Anhu), Abdullah Ibn Abbas (Radi Allahu Anhu), Abdullah Ibn Ubaydullah Ibn Abi Malikah, Abdullah Ibn Umar (Radi Allahu Anhu), Urwah Ibn Zubayr, Ata Ibn Abi Rabah, Ali Ibn Husain Ibn Ali Ibn Abi Talib, Qasim Ibn Muhamad Ibn Abi Bakr as-Siddiq, Kurayb Mawla Ibn Abbas, Muhamad Ibn Sirin and another big group of people other than them.

Virtues:

1. Once the noble Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said to A'isha (Radi Allahu Anha), "You have been shown to me twice in my dream. I saw you pictured on a piece of white silk and the Angel said (to me). 'This is your wife.' When I uncovered the picture, I saw that it was yours. I said, 'If this is from Allah, it will be done." (Sahih Bukhari no.3895, Sahih Muslim no.2438/no.6283)

A'isha (Radi Allahu Anha) narrates that Jibra'il (Alayhisalam) showed (an image of) me in silk clothing to the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and said, This is your wife in this life and in the hereafter. (Sahih Ibn Hibban, al-Ihsan no.7052/no.7094 and its chain is [Hasan] good)

In one narration an Angel came and brought my image to the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam), so he (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) married me and (at that time) I was seven years old and the marriage was consummated when I was nine years old. (al-Mustadrak al-Hakim 4/10 hadith no.6730 and its chain is [Hasan] good and al-Hakim authenticated it and adh-Dhahabi agreed with him)

Also see the virtues of the companions (Radi Allahu Anhum) according to authentic narrations. (pg.85)

From this it is established that the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) married A'isha (Radi Allahu Anha) according to Allah's command and will.

2. Amar Ibn Yasir (Radi Allahu Anhu) said, "Without a shadow of a doubt I know that she (i.e. A'isha (Radi Alahu Anha)) is the wife of the Prophet (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) in this world and in the Hereafter. (Sahih Bukhari no.3772)

3. The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, "The superiority of A'isha over other women is like the superiority of Tharid to other meals." (Sahih Bukhari no.3770, Sahih Muslim no.2446 / no.6299)

The meaning of Tharid is a dish made from pieces of bread in a (meat) broth.

4. The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said to his daughter Fatima (Radi Allahu Anha) that: So love her (A'isha). (Sahih Muslim no.2442 / no.6290)

5. The Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said that he loved A'isha (Radi Allahu Anha) the most. (Sahih Bukhari no.3662, Sahih Muslim no.2384 / no.6177)

The virtues of A'isha (Radi Allahu Anha) are numerous. (For e.g. see Virtues of the companions p.g 85 - 89)

Knowledge Of Narrations:

There are 2433 ahadith attributed to her in Musnad Ahmad.

One huge benefit of her marrying the Messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) is that she preserved his (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) household life and presented them in the form of thousands of ahadith to the Ummah.

Death:

She died on 57 or 58 Hijri. Abu Huraira (Radi Allahu Anhu) read her funeral prayer.

[Trans Note: Āʿishah (Radi Allahu Anha), daughter of Abū Bakr (Radi Allahu Anhu) and the beloved wife of Prophet Muḥammad (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). In the fifty years following his death, she became a great teacher of Islām and preserved and transmitted over two thousand Aḥadīth. The Messenger of Allāh (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) married her in Shawwāl, a year after marrying Sawdah (Radi Allahu Anha). Āʿishah (Radi Allahu Anha) was regarded as the best loved of all the Prophet's wives. She came under the loving care and attention of the Prophet Muḥammad (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) himself. As his wife and close companion, she acquired from him much knowledge and insight such as no woman has acquired. She was the most learned female Muslim jurist in history. She passed away in Ramaḍhān 17th, 57H, and was buried in Baqʿī. There are 741 narrations from her in Bukhārī and 503 in Muslim.

[al-Isābah [4:348 8:16-21], Thiqāt [3:323], Tabaqāt [8:39], Sīyar Aʿlam an-Nabulā [2:135-201], Tahdhīb al-Tahdhīb [12:384 no.8989], Taqrīb al-Tahdhīb [no.8679]. ʿAsad al-Ghābah [7:188], al-Istiʿāb [4:1881], Aʿlām an-Nisā [3:9], al-Kāshif [3:476], Tahdhīb al-Kamāl [3:1689], Khulaṣah [3:387], al-Ḥilyah [2:43], Shadhrāt al-Dhahab [1:61], Tārīkh al-Saghīr [1:99-103] and others.

http://www.salafiri.com/40-hadith-shaikh-ul-islam-imam-ibn-taymiyyah-hadith-no-20-the-transportation-routes-of-makkah-by-shaikh-zubair-ali-zai-1435h/

Return to “Sirah & Biographies”