Shehzad Sattar

The Soofeeyah Relieve themselves of Worship - Soofeeyah Part 2

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Soofeeyah Part 2

The Soofeeyah Relieve themselves of Worship
Statements from the People of Knowledge

Compiled and translated By Abbas Abu Yahya

1- ‘Alee bin Ahmad bin Sa’eed bin Hazm (d.456 A.H.) -Rahimullaah- said:

‘A group from the Soofeeyah claimed that there is from amongst the ‘Aawleeyah (Friends of Allaah) he who is better than all the Prophets and Messengers.

These Soofeeyah said: Whoever reaches the maximum limit of al-Walayaa (the maximum limit of being religious) then he is relieved of all the Sharia’, from prayer, fasting, Zakah and other acts of worship. And that all Haraam things become Halaal for him, from Zina and drinking alcohol and other things.’

[‘al-Fassal’ by Ibn Hazm (3/226), taken from introduction to ‘Ijteema al-Jayoosh al-Islaamee’ by Ibn al-Qayyim p.141]

2- Ibn al-Jawzi (d. 597 A.H.) -Rahimullaah- said:

‘Iblees (Shaytaan) deceived a group of the Soofeeyah, from them were those who secluded themselves in a mountain, like monks. Spending the night alone, and reach the morning alone, so they would miss the Jumma’ prayer and the congregational prayer and mixing with the people of knowledge.’

[‘Talbees Iblees’ by Ibn al-Jawzi p.307, ‘Ijteema al-Jayoosh al-Islaamee’ by Ibn al-Qayyim p.142]

3- Shamsuddeen Muhammad bin Abee Bakr Ibn Qayyim aj-Jawzeeyah (d.751) -Rahimullaah- said:

‘….so whoever does not hold the opinion that establishing the obligatory acts of worship is compulsory and he believes that he will achieve a state whereby he is relieved of worship, then he is a disbeliever detached from the religion.’

[‘Madarij Salikeen’ by Ibn al-Qayyim (3/113), ‘Ijteema al-Jayoosh al-Islaamee’ by Ibn al-Qayyim p.142]

4- Shamsuddeen Muhammad bin Abee Bakr Ibn Qayyim aj-Jawzeeyah (d.751)-Rahimullaah- quoted the hadeeth: [From Anas bin Malik –RadhiAllaahu anhu- who said: ‘A group of three people came to the houses of the Prophet’s wives asking about the Prophet’s worship. When they were informed about it, they regarded their own as insignificant and said: ‘Where are we compared to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam? Indeed Allaah has forgiven him his past and future sins.’

One of them said: As for me then I will pray all night.

The other one said: I will fast continuously and not open my fast.

The last one said: I will keep away from women and never marry.

When the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- came he said: Are you those who said such-and-such. Then I swear by Allaah that indeed I am the most fearful of Allaah from amongst you and the one who has the most Taqwa of Him. However, I fast and open my fast, I pray and I sleep and I marry women. So whosoever does not desire my Sunnah is not of me.’ Collected by Bukhari]

Ibn Qayyim aj-Jawzeeyah (d.751) -Rahimullaah- said about the preceding hadeeth: ‘The Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- freed himself from those who turned away from his Sunnah, and worshipping Allaah. Those who leave that which Allaah allowed for His worshippers from the good things of the world by not desiring them, with the belief that keeping away from them is worshipping Allaah, so this person does not distinguish between what is for him and what is against him.’

[‘Madarij Salikeen’ by Ibn al-Qayyim (1/93-94)]

Source: https://followingthesunnah.wordpress.co ... f-worship/
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Sufism”