A Dog's Tale

AbuMuawiyahMirpuri

A Dog's Tale

Postby AbuMuawiyahMirpuri » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:37 pm

A compilation of the sayings of Ahmed Raza Khan.

The Imaam of the Barelwis, Ahmed Raza Khan said about himself:
“No one asks about you, and no one cares for you, because the dogs like you are numerous, I am the dog” – Hadaa’iq bakhshish page 5 by Bareilawi

“Why should someone listen to you O Raza, dogs like you roam in thousands” - Hadaa’iq bakhshish page 11 by Bareilawi

The scholars of Ahlul Hadith, past and present have repeatedly advised the Barelwi and other Sufi sects that referring to themselves as ‘dogs’ is prohibited in Islam. Allah Azzawajal says “We have certainly created man in the best of statute (95:4)”. However, we find the Barelwis adamant and staunch on this position, determined to be label themselves as dogs to the extent where the modern-day leader of the sect Ilyas Qadri says about himself, I am from amongst the dogs of his dogs [referring to Abdul-Qadir Jilaani may Allah have mercy on him].

The black dog is a devil.

Abu Dharr reported:
The Messenger of 'Allah (ﷺ) said: When any one of you stands for prayer and there is a thing before him equal to the back of the saddle that covers him and in case there is not before him (a thing) equal to the back of the saddle, his prayer would be cut off by (passing of an) ass, woman, and black Dog. I said: O Abu Dharr, what feature is there in a black dog which distinguish it from the red dog and the yellow dog? He said: O, son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) as you are asking me, and he said: The black dog is a devil.
Sahih Muslim 510 a

Abu Zubair heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) saying:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ordered us to kill dogs, and we carried out this order so much so that we also kill the dog coming with a woman from the desert. Then Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) forbade their killing. He (the Prophet further) said: It is your duty the jet-black (dog) having two spots (on the eyes), for it is a devil.
Sahih Muslim 1572

When you ponder over these hadiths, you begin to wonder why did Shaykh Ehsan Elahi Zaheer (may Allah have mercy on him) bring up the skin tone of Ahmed Raza Khan in his lectures and book?

Return to “Barelwis”