Forgotten Sunnah – Good Manners And Politeness

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 am

At the same time one of the biggest sunnah of prophet alaiheSalatWaSalam. ....

Warning against evil behaviour towards others and Importance of having Good character.

From Qur'an
_____
    يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا يَسْخَرْ قَوْمٌ مِنْ قَوْمٍ عَسَىٰ أَنْ يَكُونُوا خَيْرًا مِنْهُمْ وَلَا نِسَاءٌ مِنْ نِسَاءٍ عَسَىٰ أَنْ يَكُنَّ خَيْرًا مِنْهُنَّ ۖ وَلَا تَلْمِزُوا أَنْفُسَكُمْ وَلَا تَنَابَزُوا بِالْأَلْقَابِ ۖ بِئْسَ الِاسْمُ الْفُسُوقُ بَعْدَ الْإِيمَانِ ۚ وَمَنْ لَمْ يَتُبْ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ
O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith . And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.). (Al-Hujurat 49:11)"

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اجْتَنِبُوا كَثِيرًا مِنَ الظَّنِّ إِنَّ بَعْضَ الظَّنِّ إِثْمٌ ۖ وَلَا تَجَسَّسُوا وَلَا يَغْتَبْ بَعْضُكُمْ بَعْضًا ۚ أَيُحِبُّ أَحَدُكُمْ أَنْ يَأْكُلَ لَحْمَ أَخِيهِ مَيْتًا فَكَرِهْتُمُوهُ ۚ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَوَّابٌ رَحِيمٌ
O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. (Al-Hujurat 49:12)

From Ahaadeeth
    حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ مَنْ لاَ يَرْحَمُ النَّاسَ لاَ يَرْحَمُهُ اللَّهُ ‏"
    ‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ صَحِيحٌ ‏
Jarir bin Abdullah narrated that the Messenger of Allah said:
"Whoever does not show mercy to the people, Allah will not show mercy to him."

Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1922
In-book reference : Book 27, Hadith 28
Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)

عَنْ جَابِرٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ إِنَّ مِنْ أَحَبِّكُمْ إِلَىَّ وَأَقْرَبِكُمْ مِنِّي مَجْلِسًا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ أَحَاسِنَكُمْ أَخْلاَقًا وَإِنَّ أَبْغَضَكُمْ إِلَىَّ وَأَبْعَدَكُمْ مِنِّي مَجْلِسًا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ الثَّرْثَارُونَ وَالْمُتَشَدِّقُونَ وَالْمُتَفَيْهِقُونَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَدْ عَلِمْنَا الثَّرْثَارُونَ وَالْمُتَشَدِّقُونَ فَمَا الْمُتَفَيْهِقُونَ قَالَ ‏"‏ الْمُتَكَبِّرُونَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

وَالثَّرْثَارُ هُوَ الْكَثِيرُ الْكَلاَمِ وَالْمُتَشَدِّقُ الَّذِي يَتَطَاوَلُ عَلَى النَّاسِ فِي الْكَلاَمِ وَيَبْذُو عَلَيْهِمْ ‏.‏
4Jabir narrated that the Messenger of Allah said:

"Indeed the most beloved among you to me, and the nearest to sit with me on the Day of Judgment is the best of you in character. And indeed, the most disliked among you to me, and the one sitting furthest from me on the Day of Judgement are the Thartharun, and the Mutashaddiqun and the Muthafaihiqun." They said: "O Messenger of Allah! We know about the Thartharun ( one talks too much) , and the Mutashaddiqun ( ill mannered impolite ) , but what about the Muthafaihiqun?"' He said:"The arrogant."

Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2018
In-book reference : Book 27, Hadith 124
Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)

عَنِ ابْنِ عُمَرَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ لاَ تُكْثِرُوا الْكَلاَمَ بِغَيْرِ ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ فَإِنَّ كَثْرَةَ الْكَلاَمِ بِغَيْرِ ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ قَسْوَةٌ لِلْقَلْبِ وَإِنَّ أَبْعَدَ النَّاسِ مِنَ اللَّهِ الْقَلْبُ الْقَاسِي ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Ibn 'Umar narrated that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: "Do not talk too much without remembrance of Allah. Indeed excessive talking without remembrance of Allah hardens the heart. And indeed the furthest of people from Allah is the harsh-hearted."

Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2411
In-book reference : Book 36, Hadith 109
Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)

_______

One Example Of Salaf

‏قال مجاهد : "صحبت ابن عُمر وأنا أريد أن أخدمه ، فكان هو الذي يخدمني !".

رواه ابن أبي الدنيا في "مكارم الأخلاق"
Well known tabiee
Imām Mujāhid ibn Jabr al-Makkī said:
    "I accompanied Ibn 'Umar, radhiyyAllāhu 'anhu, with the intention of wanting to serve him- and I became that he in fact used to serve me!"
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “General”