Advice For A Person Who Is New (Embraced Islam) And Is Present Amongst Us

Shehzad Sattar

Advice For A Person Who Is New (Embraced Islam) And Is Present Amongst Us

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:51 pm

Question:

The individual is asking for advice for a person who is new (embraced Islam) and is present amongst us.

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih Al-Luhaydaan said:

I greet this individual. I give him a warm welcome. For this individual who has entered Islam, it is for him to know that he has done something tremendous, as the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) mentioned:

“There is no Jew or Christian that hears about me and dies without believing in me except that he will enter into the Hell-Fire.”

So no doubt, this individual has done something tremendous.

I advise this individual to be consistent in his prayers, in his five daily prayers and he should perform his prayers at their legislated times. I also advise this individual to learn that which he will use to worship Allah, in terms of recitation of Quran, in terms of supplications he should say. The most important part of the Quran for him to learn at this time is Suratul Faatihah. He should learn the proper pronunciation of the opening chapter of the Quran. He should try to learn this from an individual who can teach him. Likewise he should also try his best to learn the meaning of the opening chapter of the Quran

What does all this, praise be to Allah, meaning? What does Lord of the World mean? What does the Most Merciful mean? [b][color=#0000FF]So that when he reads the Quran he has an understanding of itadvice-for-a-person-who-embraced-islam. Likewise when he reads the Quranx, when he reads the verses, he will have a reverence of Allah azza wa ja’al.

The shaykh said: I ask Allah azza wa ja’al to bless this individual and to give him success and likewise those who are present – he who is speaking (the shaykh himself) and those that are listening. We ask Allah azza wa ja’al to bring us closer to Him and to distance us from that which does not please Him.

Source: https://dawatussalafiyyah.wordpress.com ... mongst-us/
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “General”