{4} One of the distinguishing signs of Ahlul Bidah is that they ask for less refutation, whilst the Salafee is balanced

Moin

{4} One of the distinguishing signs of Ahlul Bidah is that they ask for less refutation, whilst the Salafee is balanced

Postby Moin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:00 am

Unfortunately, a severe illness has crept in amongst salafees today and the people are told that to refute is not the correct way and that this hardens the heart and causes harshness and so on. So consider the following saying, and consider it over and over again for it encapsulates the manhaj of the salaf, who were the most balanced and kindest of people.

It is reported from al-Abbââs bin al-Waleed that ‘Uqbah said: “I was once with Arta’ah bin al-Mundhir when one of the people in the gathering said, “What do you say about a man who sits with the followers of the Sunnah and mixes with them, but when the followers of Bid’ah are mentioned he says, ‘Spare us from mentioning them, do not talk about them?’” Arta’ah said, “He is one of them, do not let him confuse you about his condition.” I felt this was strange, so I went to al-Awzaa’ee – and he used to clarify these matters when they came to him. He said, “Arta’ah is right, the matter is as he said; this person forbids talking about [Ahlal-Bid’ah], so how can [people] be on guard against them if they are not exposed?” (Ibn ‘Asââkir, Tâârîkh Dimishq 8/15)

So have you pondered enough! Clarifying the affairs is a cornerstone of dawah salafiyyah and to oppose this is to oppose the essence of the dawah for which there is no burhaan.

http://www.salafiri.com/treatise-do-not ... -impurity/

Return to “Ahl al-Hadith - Salafiyyah & What Opposes It”