The Weight of ‘Laa ilaaha illAllaah’ – Shaykh Saalih as-Suhaymee

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:01 am

`Abdullaah ibn `Amr said, “Allaah’s Messenger sallAllaahu ` alayhi wa sallam said,

‘A man from my nation will be called out in front of the whole of the creation on the Day of Resurrection. So ninety-nine scrolls will be laid out for him. Each of the scrolls will be as far as the eye can see. Then it will be said, “Do you deny anything from this?” So he will say, “No, O my Lord.” So it will be said, “Do you have any excuse or any good deed?” So the man will fear and he will say, “No.” So it will be said: “Yes indeed, you have good deeds with Us. You will not be wronged with regard to them.” So a parchment will be brought out for him containing, ‘I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger. So he will say, “O my Lord, what is this parchment in comparison to those scrolls?” So it will be said, “You will not be wronged.” So the scrolls will be placed on one scale and that parchment will be placed on one scale. So the scrolls will be lighter and the parchment will outweigh.’”

Reported by Ibnul-Mubaarak in his book az-Zuhd and in his Musnad and by Imaam Ahmad and by at-Tirmithee and Ibn Maajah and others besides.

Shaykh al-Albaanee declared this hadeeth saheeh, authentic.

Shaykh Saalih as-Suhaymee hafizahullaah mentioned some points of benefit with regard to this hadeeth. He said, “The hadeeth contains a number of points of benefit.

The first benefit is that the people of sins will be beneath al-mashee·ah (Allaah’s Will and Wish). If Allaah wishes He will forgive them by His favour. And if He wishes He will punish them by His justice.

The second point of benefit is that whoever is such that his eemaan (true belief) and his towheed is strong, and his attachment to Allaah the Mighty and Majestic, this fact may be a means for wiping away all of his evil deeds. And there is no clearer proof for this than the fact that this small parchment will outweigh and overcome all of the rest of the scrolls.

The third point of benefit is that the person who is guilty of major sin, he does not become a disbeliever, as the Khawaarij and the Mu`tazilah claimed. Rather he is beneath mashee·atullaah (the Wish and Will of Allaah). So even if he is punished, then still he will not remain forever in the Fire.

The fourth point of benefit is the tremendous virtue of Laa ilaaha illAllaah, none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah over the rest of deeds. So when a Muslim says it, knowing its meaning and acting in accordance with it, then that is the case, tremendous.

The fifth point of benefit is establishment of al-meezaan (Balance of deeds) with which the deeds will be weighed on the Day of Resurrection, and that it is a balance which is true and real. It will be erected on the Open Plain of the Resurrection before the passing over the Siraat (Bridge). This is the most correct of the sayings which the People of Knowledge mention.”

Translated by Aboo Talhah Daawood Burbank rahimahullaah

Source: http://daarulhadeeth.org/2014/08/25/the ... -suhaymee/
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Aqidah, Sunnah & Manhaj”