Fifteen Examples of Supplications Immediately Answered by Allah

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:25 pm

The Messenger of Allah related that Allah Said:
“…if he calls upon Me, I answer him, and if he asks of Me, I will give him…”

Ibn Rajab commented:
“…This means that this person who is beloved and close to Allah has a special status with Allah such that if he asks Allah for something, He gives it to him, and if he seeks refuge with Allah from anything, He protects him from that thing, and if he calls upon Him, He answers him. So, he ends up becoming from those whose supplications are answered due to his honor with Allah.

And many from the righteous early generations were known to have their supplications answered.

It is related in the ‘Sahih’ that ar-Rubay’ bint an-Nadr broke a tooth of a slave. So, they offered compensation, and they refused. They asked for pardon, and they refused. The Messenger of Allah was then going to implement the rule of retaliation between them. Anas bin an-Nadr said: “The tooth of ar-Rubay’ will be broken? By the One who has sent you with the truth, her tooth will not be broken.” So, the people were pleased and took the compensation. The Messenger of Allah then said: “Indeed, from the slaves of Allah are those who, if they make an oath upon Allah, He fulfills it.”

…And Ibn Abi ad-Dunya reported with his chain that an-Nu’man bin Qawfal said on the day of Uhud: “O Allah, I swear that I will be killed and enter Paradise.” So, he was killed, and the Prophet said: “Indeed, Nu’man made an oath upon Allah, and He fulfilled that oath.”

And Abu Nu’aym reported with his chain from Sa’d that ‘Abdullah bin Jahsh said on the day of Uhud: “O Lord, if I meet the enemy tomorrow, give me an adversary who is strong and harsh for me to fight for Your Sake and for him to fight me. Then, let him cut off my nose and ear so that when I meet You the next day, You Say: ‘O ‘Abdullah! Why were your nose and ear cut off?’ I will say: ‘For You and Your Messenger.’ And You will Say: ‘You have spoken the truth.’

Sa’d said: “I saw him at the end of the day with his nose and ear hanging from a thread.”

And Sa’d bin Abi Waqqas would have his supplications answered. A man lied upon him, and he said: “O Allah, if he is lying, take away his eyesight, elongate his life, and expose him to trials and tribulations.” So, the man was stricken with all of this, as he used to walk through the streets and come into contact with the slave girls, saying: “I am an old man who is experiencing fitnah. I have been stricken with the supplication of Sa’d!”

And he supplicated against a man he heard insulting ‘Ali, and immediately, a camel came and trampled him to death.

And a woman disputed with Sa’id bin Zayd over some land he owned, claiming that he had taken from her land. So, he said: “O Allah, if she is lying, take away her eyesight and kill her in her own land.” So, she became blind, and one night when she was walking in her land, she fell into a well and died.

And al-’Ala’ bin al-Hadrami was on an expedition, and those with him became very thirsty. So, he prayed and supplicated: “O Knower, O Bestower, O Most High, O Mighty! We are Your slaves, and we are fighting Your enemy for Your Sake. Give us water to drink and make ablution from, and do not allow anyone else to benefit from this water!” They walked for a bit to find a river of water flowing from the sky. They drank from it and filled their vessels. Later, some of his companions returned to where the river was to find that there was nothing there, as if there had never been any water there.

And someone complained to Anas bin Malik of a drought in a part of al-Basrah. So, he performed ablution and went out to the patch of land, prayed two units, and it then began raining on the patch of land, and the rain did not fall anywhere beyond that patch of land.

…And Abu Muslim al-Khawlani was known for having his supplications answered. Once, a gazelle passed by him, and the young boys in the area said: “Ask Allah to allow us to capture this gazelle!” So, he supplicated, and he captured it and held it until they were able to take it from his hands.

And he once supplicated against a woman who had ruined his relationship with his wife that her eyesight be taken away. She immediately went blind, and she came to him begging. So, he had pity for her and asked Allah to return her eyesight to her, and his wife returned to her normal state with him.

And a man lied upon Mutarraf bin ‘Abdullah, and Mutarraf said: “If you are lying, I ask Allah to hasten your departure,” and the man died on the spot.

And a Kharijite used to pass by the classes of al-Hasan al-Basri and annoy those present. When it became unbearable, al-Hasan said: “O Allah, You Know how he has harmed us. So, suffice us against him with what You Will,” and the man immediately collapsed and was carried dead to his family.

And Silah bin Ashim was on an expedition, and his camel wandered off with all of his belongings, and there was nobody else around. So, he stood and prayed, saying: “O Allah, I swear that you will return my camel and belongings,” and it walked back until it stood right in front of him.

…And Habib al-’Ajami Abu Muhammad was known for having his supplications answered. He once supplicated for a young boy who was bald, and would weep and wipe his tears over the boy’s head. The boy’s hair began growing black all over his head, and it looked better than it had before.

…And Sa’id bin Jubayr was patient upon the harm inflicted upon him by al-Hajjaj until he killed him, and he was from those whose supplication was answered. He used to have a rooster whose crowing would wake him up to pray at night. One night, it didn’t wake him up on time, and he became very distressed, saying: “What is wrong with it? May Allah cut off its voice!” It never crowed again, and his mother said: “My son, do not supplicate against anything ever again.”

See ‘Jami’ al-’Ulum wal-Hikam’ (2/348-354) for more.

Source: http://salaf-us-saalih.com/2012/10/05/f ... by-allaah/
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Fiqh, Ibadah & its Sciences”