The Excellence of Observing Saum on the Day of ‘Arafah, ‘Ashura’ andTasu’a (i.e., 9th of Muharram)

ابو عبدالرحمز

The Excellence of Observing Saum on the Day of ‘Arafah, ‘Ashura’ andTasu’a (i.e., 9th of Muharram)

Postby ابو عبدالرحمز » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:15 pm

The Excellence of Observing Saum on the Day of ‘Arafah, ‘Ashura’ andTasu’a
(i.e., 9th of Muharram)

Imam Al-Nawawi’s Riyad-us-Saliheen
Chapter 227

The Excellence of Observing Saum on the Day of ‘Arafah, ‘Ashura’ and Tasu’a
(i.e., 9th of Muharram)
1250. Abu Qatadah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) was asked about the observance of Saum (fasting) on the day of `Arafah. He said, “It is an expiation for the sins of the preceding year and the current year.”
[Muslim].

1251. Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) observed Saum (fasting) on the day of `Ashura’ and commanded us to fast on this day.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1252. Abu Qatadah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) was asked about observing As-Saum (the fast) on the tenth day of Muharram, and he replied, “It is an expiation for the sins of the preceding year.”
[Muslim].

1253. Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “If I remain alive till the next year, I shall also observe fast on the ninth of Muharram.”
[Muslim].

https://abdurrahman.org/2014/09/04/riyad-us-saliheen-imaam-nawawi-chapter-227/

Return to “Fiqh, Ibadah & its Sciences”