Authentic Narrations About Siwak

Shehzad Sattar

Postby Shehzad Sattar » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:59 pm

1) Use Siwaak when making Wudu:

Narrated by Abu Hurairah: The Prophet(Sallallahu alayhi was sallam) said: “If it were not to be a hardship on my nation, I would have ordered them to use the Siwak when making Wudu (Ablution).”[1]

2) Use Siwaak before Salah:

Narrated by Abu Hurairah: The Prophet(Sallallahu alayhi was sallam) said: “If it wasn’t for putting hardship upon my nation, I would have ordered them to use the Siwak for every prayer.”[2]

3) Use Siwaak when entering the house:

Shurayh ibn Hani’ said, “I asked ‘A’isha, ‘What did the Prophet (Sallallahu alayhi was sallam) do first when he entered his house?’ She replied, ‘Use the Siwaak.’”[3]

4) Use Siwaak when getting up at night:

Hudayfah said, “When the Prophet (Sallallahu alayhi was sallam) got up in the night, he would clean his teeth with a Siwaak.”[4]

5) Upon reciting the Qur’an:

Ali ibn Abi Talib said, “We were ordered to use the Siwaak.” He also said “When the human stands to pray, an angel comes to him and stands behind him, listening to the Qur’an and coming closer to him. He continues to listen and come close to him until he put his mouth upon (the persons) mouth. He does not read a verse except that it goes in the angel.”[5]

References:

[1] Recorded in Musnad Ahmad. Graded Sahih by sheikh albani

[2] Recorded in Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizi and Nasa’i. Imam Bukhari’s wording is “with every prayer”.

[3] Recorded in Muslim

[4] Recorded in Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood and Nasa’i

[5] Recorded by Bayhaqi and graded Sahih by sheikh albani due to supporting evidences.

Source: http://daarulhadeeth.org/2014/08/14/aut ... out-siwak/
The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Make things easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people..”

[متفق عليه]

Return to “Fiqh, Ibadah & its Sciences”